Dirty TIP

camscockle20vT

The stigs ugly brother
Reaction score
Hi all, just your freindly neighbourhood poster again :) so i took my tip off the weekend as i was having a tinker, checking movement in the shaft of the turbo was a good exsperiance :) all good on that end, very slight play on a 132k strong engine. But i noticed some oil, so i wiped it off to find this left behind, its like tar, wont come off with hot soapy water? Its a 2nd hand tip and i dont remember that on it before i fitted so it must be from my car. Any ideas?
218cea7b.jpg
87e0b0c4.jpg

When I had mine off a while back it looked the same.

hi mate its where the head and other bits breathe into the intake most cars do . hence you get oil in the intercooler pipes some times all the cars ive had ive put breather tanks in to stop this as it gose over all the sensers

hi mate its where the head and other bits breathe into the intake most cars do . hence you get oil in the intercooler pipes some times all the cars ive had ive put breather tanks in to stop this as it gose over all the sensers

Yeh i need a catch can :( nd thanks for the info, i did suspect i was nothing major.