Lower Grill Surround - Anyone wrapped it black?

Jimgrim77

Reaction score
Was thinking of wrapping the naff grey plastic surround of the lower grill surround on my S3.

Have seen plenty of posts about the upper grill, upper grill surround and seen the lower grills completed but not the lower grill surround.

Has anyone done it and have they any photos of it that could be posted...be great to see it.

Thanks

I also have the grey plastic surround but i thought mine had just been colour coded as the rear bumper insert is the same. It must be a facelift 8L thing where they came grey instead of black.

I'd also like to see pics of this - free thread bump :)

Here you go Jim, i replied to yr last ask on this, you must of forgot lol
All detailing (front lower grill surround, rear lower insert ,door blades) done using 3m 85 seriese cv3 Black gloss

IMG_0840.jpg

CIMG4246.jpg

jhjhjh.jpg

efb81c7a.jpg

d0815f4a.jpg

....not bad

I like you dark indicator covers on the wings, they tie in quite well with your look

....not bad

I like you dark indicator covers on the wings, they tie in quite well with your look

Lamin-X that dude same as on the headlight.

Here you go Jim, i replied to yr last ask on this, you must of forgot lol
All detailing (front lower grill surround, rear lower insert ,door blades) done using 3m 85 seriese cv3 Black gloss

IMG_0840.jpg

CIMG4246.jpg

jhjhjh.jpg

efb81c7a.jpg

d0815f4a.jpg

Sorry Damo,

My head is well and truly up my ar*e this morning! Car looks fantastic...love the wrapping. Noticed a few chips on my grills this morning and want to go in this direction. Happy that the car looks so well with wrapping that i'm going to get mine done next week like yours.

Appreciate the post and the pics.

Regards

Jim

Also, you did the back too!!? How's that go on? Did you remove the bumpers?

Also, you did the back too!!? How's that go on? Did you remove the bumpers?

its a bumper off job dude, then youll see the clips that push out, easy enough. wrap the insert then clip back in, simples ;)

one thing I will say it that on the front lower surround its really tight when pushing it in, you'll need loads of heat and a good vinyl to get it to go and stay in place.

if you need any help choosing vinyl dude give me a hollar as there is so much crap out there and people selling cheap signage vinyl passing it off as wrap material its unbelievable.

Awesome job. Very very impressed. Have made a note of yours and will attempt to mimic.

how about the door blades? did they come off to?

I removed the fronts as you can access the possi screws x2 on the inner skin then they just slide backwards and pull off, the rears i did on the motor as theyr smaller plus I couldn't locate the fixings,

Excellent, think you'll like it when done dude, freshens it up a tad.

I hope so, the standard grey plastic just look cheap. I'll post some pics when done and will probably be next week as i'm sorting the boost gauge tomorrow and adjusting my map a little.

And I must say daffid yours does look well mate.