No reversing lights

babyaudi

Reaction score
Bit of a strange one this
the story behind it- I found out they weren't reversing after trying to get out of my parking spot at work and no one cud see I wanted to come out of the spaces so when I got home reversed up to the house to see I cud see if the lights were working and they weren't! So I pulled the blubs out all fine anyone know what the hell is going on is it the switch on the box or something simple? Also when at night when driving around I get the bulb out symbol and all the headlights ect work fine?

hi there . i had the same problem on my a3 . first thing i did was to check the fuses for reverse lights, if the fuses are fine i would then have to say replace the reverse switch on the gearbox. hope this helpsyou bud..

as above reverse switch

The wires for the reverse light switch snap about an inch from the connector. It's really common, particularly on 5 speed boxes for some strange reason. That's where I'd be checking first dude.

The wires for the reverse light switch snap about an inch from the connector. It's really common, particularly on 5 speed boxes for some strange reason. That's where I'd be checking first dude.
I had the same problem. Wires had broken and needed soldered back together.