Service Stamp

rjm180

Reaction score
Ok, my S4 has had FASH which has been stamped in the service book each time. I have just had the car serviced by an Indy for the first time. Would you get the Audi service booklet stamped by the Indy or just use the invoice and paperwork provided to use as evidence of the service history. Unsure of what looks best.

Thanks

Last edited:
i wouldnt care who serviced it as long as it has been
sometimes i do call the place to check its really been done
but most ppl know an audi stamp means **** all
even in warrenty i dont use audi

Thanks Bez,

ps. also just edited post as when i read it I didnt think it sounded right.

Thanks Bez,

ps. also just edited post as when i read it I didnt think it sounded right.

still the same answer really from me have the stamp and keep the invoice etc as back up for the stamp

I service all my cars myself - I just keep all the receipts / invoices for parts & oil.

as above for me as long as i can see the paper work its all good as for the stamp yeah it looks good but any one that has owned more than one car probly knows its not hard to get a booked stampt up if you no the right man and most do so id rather see a receipts / invoices as theses normally have the cars reg on it

i have my car serviced at Audi every 2 years for its long life service, but i may change the oil myself between them, i use Audi as i know that they are fairly anal about there hunt for extra work, so when they tell me what they think it needs i take note and say thanks i will let you know and do the work myself, £150 for a 2 year cheek up and fresh oil? i think its worth it,

i use Audi as i know that they are fairly anal about there hunt for extra work

really you belive that ?
they make work up not always but quite alot
they told me i needed discs an pads all round (fitted 2 weeks b4 ?

A stamp doesnt mean too much without paperwork unless you ring around (as i would) to verify what has been done with each dealership. Sometimes owners will do the minimum needed to get that stamp and skimp on necessary advisories (like brakes as was in the case of previous s4 owned by fellow before me) which is quite telling about how well they looked after it or cared..