Just Got Back from AMD - 3.2 V6 Remap

ianhowell

Reaction score
Website
www.northloop.co.uk
Well I took the plunge and had my new baby Re-mapped by the boys at AMD. Organised through the Group Buy on this site. £470 all in for a rolling road remap.
It took 4 hrs to do, which is what they said it would.

The Results you may ask?

[I know the plots are a bit dubious but here goes]

Well I knew it was NOT going to be as dramatic as my girlfrinds 1.8T remap ( 163 - 208 BHP ) but I was told it would improve the Throttle response with about 12-15 BHP increase.
The plots came back as follows:

Original BHP: 248.1 / Lb/ft: 230.5
Remap BHP: 269.7 (+21) / Lb/ft: 249.7 (+19)

On the way home (the real test) I could immediately tell there was a sharper response from the car in all gears thru the revs at all speeds!

So I am a Happy Bunny! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

While there, I went for a spin in their R32 (Remap/ Cams/ Miltek exhaust) to get an idea of what the Miltek sounds like.

In short, it sounds great and I want one! Speaking to them in the next few days to sort a price out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

if you want a miltek exhaust for free..

you have to get to my house and get it off my car and give me your standard one in return before 11am tomorrow!

Deal of the century.

as you live pretty close it shouldn't be that difficult lol

i have mine chipped, miltek and BMC air filter.. (you can buy the air filter still if you like i have that in the box still, only a couple of hundred mines use)... and was running around 280bhp..

sounds awesome too..

but as i say the car is going tomorrow so doubt you will get chance to get the exhaust but you can always buy the air filter off me.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sounds a nice mod Ian.

And the milltek is well worth it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I'd be very interested in knowing if there is any impact to fuel consumption ........

I had a lot of work done by the Guys at AMD on my markIV Golf, good service with no problems but have since discovered a lot of their prices are high especially for the Miltek system so it pays to shop around or negotiate.

If the A3 3.2 sounds anything like the AMD R32 then it is awesome, I can see why you would want one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

i have to say i would not choose a milltek again.. heard too much about the bad fitments and knocking (and had knocking on my own corrado)

personally i would look at the magnex or the supersprint exhaust.

good luck

[/ QUOTE ]

I had no problems with mine, in fact I was very impressed with the quality and only decided to purchase after reading the many positive remarks on Mkivs-Forum, I'm hoping this is the case again as I am having one fitted to my A3 this Saturday am. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

i didnt mean to alarm anyone... but it seems to be hit and miss as to fitment

some people are happy, some are not.

i hope yours goes well... but personally i would not use milltek again

[ QUOTE ]
i didnt mean to alarm anyone... but it seems to be hit and miss as to fitment

some people are happy, some are not.

i hope yours goes well... but personally i would not use milltek again

[/ QUOTE ]

Having mine fitted at Miltek HQ in Ilkeston where they are produced so hopefully should be no problems or shortage of good quality fittings !

Will let you all know how I get on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Did you buy direct from Miltek in Ilkeston?

I'd be very interested in knowing if there is any impact to fuel consumption ........

--------------------
Steeve

So far Not affected it.
I have already done about 350miles since it was done and I am still averaging around 25mpg.
It has made a real difference to the car as I initially said - much sharper thru the gears at any revs any speed!

very interested in Milltek but not had time to look into it. For those of you that have done it, what did you pay to get it fitted and what are your thoughts on i???

Thanks in advance,
Ian.

[ QUOTE ]
its a 3.2... if your worried about the fuel you should have never bought it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry but I didnt mention 'worried about fuel consumption' just asked what impact it had thats all.... as quite often a remap can improve fuel consumption.
I had a 2.0 16 valve MK111 GTI rechipped at AMD, not only did it improve driveability but the fuel consumption overall actually got a little better. AMD said it would. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

I think you read something in my question that really wasnt there .....