Picked up my A3 BE Quattro today - woohoo!

The Governor

Reaction score
Just got back from picking up my new car today, it was a bit like coming home. I had a fairly simple A3 130 Diesel SE in 2003 and traded that in, always kind of regretted it.

Today I picked up very nearly new A3 BE in the mythical Quattro form, I've always wanted a Quattro :icon_thumright:

First impression, everything as it should be, fuel economy looks remarkably good, the tank is showing over 700 miles range, although i;m sure that'll drop!

The only thig is a slightly annoying vibratory buzz coming from somewhere around the dash on rough surfaces... I can't pinpoint that yet!

If I could ask an immediate question, on my BMW I was able to view service information on the OBC, that included oil, inspection, brakes etc. The Audi computer seems not to show those things, it just simply gives a Oil Change time and a more general "Service" time...

How do I know when my brakes are coming up to change for example...?

Congratulations a wise choice. I get mine in 6 wks but in none Quattro form.

Just got back from picking up my new car today, it was a bit like coming home. I had a fairly simple A3 130 Diesel SE in 2003 and traded that in, always kind of regretted it.

Today I picked up very nearly new A3 BE in the mythical Quattro form, I've always wanted a Quattro :icon_thumright:

First impression, everything as it should be, fuel economy looks remarkably good, the tank is showing over 700 miles range, although i;m sure that'll drop!

The only thig is a slightly annoying vibratory buzz coming from somewhere around the dash on rough surfaces... I can't pinpoint that yet!

If I could ask an immediate question, on my BMW I was able to view service information on the OBC, that included oil, inspection, brakes etc. The Audi computer seems not to show those things, it just simply gives a Oil Change time and a more general "Service" time...

How do I know when my brakes are coming up to change for example...?

Car sounds good, the range will drop though, normally around 560miles from our MY2010 170TDi. Can't beat the Quattro though. Very sure footed!

As for the info, no it's not shown in the dis menus. You will have to get it serviced and they should check and advise you accordingly. The brakes though should a light on the dash when they have worn down so far.

I think the brake warning light appears when you hit 25% on the pads

if the wear sensor is mounted correctly in the pad lol

Best thing to do is drop each wheel off (and clean them while there off :p) and check the pads and disks.
You'll find most dealers will tell you they need changing when there about 50% worn...

Keep an eye on it and see if the light comes on or not :p it's probably best practice to keep an eye on it yourself anyway, in case the bulb goes :p

I seem to be getting just under 500 miles to a tank on my 170TDI Quattro, although I'm still enjoying the novelty of having torque so I'm not driving as economically as I could, nor am I fully utilising start-stop - I've heard it gets a bit better after a while, so I'm expecting to get 500 to a tank at 45mpg, which should be achievable I think.

I'll be happy with averaging 45mpg - the same economy as my old 1.2 clio, but with 100 extra horses. Just need to be a little lighter with the right foot.