Newbie here. Advice needed.

paz_b

Reaction score
Evening all!

After looking on the forum for a few weeks and looking for a new car too I have finally decided to join and say hello.

I have found an A3 in which i'm interested in and am going to view it at the weekend. Its a facelifted model on a 58 plate and is a 2.0tdi sportback in a sport trim. The car has however covered 96k miles.

What i would like to ask is what do people recommend i look out for when i go to view the car as in the back of my mind i am still skeptical due to the high mileage that has been covered. Also how much do you recon the car is would be worth if its in good nick.

Thanks in advance.

96k miles is nothing for a diesel engine, main things to look for are service history, cambelt and waterpump & listen closely for odd noises from the turbo. I have no idea what the car would be worth, probably be a good idea to look on ebay to get a rough idea.

And of course full service history backed up with receipts if available and service booked stamped every time.

It says its got a full audi service history and cambelt had been changed. Not sure about the water pump though but i guess i will have a look at all the paper work they hold.

do your own hpi cheks for your own peace of mind lots of dodgey dealers out there as for price not to sure look at all the usual places

Thanks people.

Unfortunatly the weekend came just abit too late as when i contacted the seller it was sold. So the search continues.

Also what are peoples experiences with the 1.9 and 2.0 engines.

What have people got and how do you find the power etc.

If it has had a Cambelt change, then almost certainly the water pump has been changed, as the Cambelt has to be removed to get to this and it is quite a big job to remove.

All the ones i have seen are high milers and have had the cambelt changed.

No more than 9k. Going to part ex my current car and add the difference.
How ever i am looking for the face lifted model and not the older shape.