M.O.T not allowing......

I know tell me about it. My brother was in at a tyre depo yesterday and the guy working there had told him that the MOT is getting worse and that coils is a no no. not sure on how true that is and would really **** me off as i barely have my coils in a month. :motz:

who ever told you that is chatting ****

I know tell me about it. My brother was in at a tyre depo yesterday and the guy working there had told him that the MOT is getting worse and that coils is a no no. not sure on how true that is and would really **** me off as i barely have my coils in a month. :motz:

To be honest, you'll start getting people putting their standard stuff back on for the MOT then back to coilovers afterwards! Your car only needs to be clean as a whistle to pass for one day of the year only. So unless the law states that 'no coilovers are allowed for road use', then it's stupid to say it's an MOT requirement!

They can't enforce the lowering of cars though, since a lot of manufacturers offer lowered sports suspension as an optional extra, how would they police that??!?

There's no reason for coilovers to fail an mot unless they are somehow damaged or the shocks are goosed!

If everything is in good order, it will be fine.

The only other thing that could be a problem is if the car is too low to get on an mot ramp or on the brake tester, which will obviously be a failure as it's not possible to test other things on the car.

This would be news to me. Nothing in upcoming MOT documents that mentions it at all.
Why would a coilover be a failure. It doesnt even make sense.