Hi all just had my Ebay bargin delivered

holmefield

Reaction score
So i was looking through ebay the other week and started bidding an A4 headlight and lo and behold i got it for £2.20!!!! + £6.00 postage.

It arrived today and i was expecting the worst but its in mint condition, so to the reason i've bought it i've always fancied doing the JOEY MOD to my headlights but have read some horror storys about splitting the lens from the main body.

So what better way to try than on a £2.20 headlight, has anybody some helpful tips for splitting the headlights??????????

Cheers

what the ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff's a joey mod ?

fair play to those who have done it,, but it looks a lot of work for a mod that imho doesnt look miles apart from a standard unit !

ok so now ive seen a few more pics,, looks awsome,, !!!
i just cant be ***** !!!! LOL

Yea its a mod I would love to do, if I picked up a set of headlights cheaply!:yes: .. But apparently according to new MOT law they are illegal! :(

Yea its a mod I would love to do, if I picked up a set of headlights cheaply!:yes: .. But apparently according to new MOT law they are illegal! :(

According to the new MOT regs its illegal to do anything other than put fuel in your car now !!! @ this rate there'll have us all driving honda jazz's in no time.

Just read through the write up, its a lot of work but the results speak for themselves.

you mean you lot arent on the honda jazz-sport forum ?:undwech:

According to the new MOT regs its illegal to do anything other than put fuel in your car now !!! @ this rate there'll have us all driving honda jazz's in no time.

Just read through the write up, its a lot of work but the results speak for themselves.

Your right in saying that holmefield, its mad! .. You know I was actually thinking about getting a Honda Jazz, good MPG you know! :p .. Thanks for the advice on the forum Leaky Lloyd!:lmfao:

I've joey'd mine. It's a horrible task, and there's not really any getting around the fact that the black plastic that meets the lens is going to look a bit of a state by the time you're finished.

I was very careful but irreparably stretching/bending some areas of the headlight housing seems unavoidable. I think no matter how careful you are, you're never going to be able to bend the plastic back exactly to its original shape. Maybe others have been more lucky?

That looks far to much effort for too little reward.

But, why are they illegal?

Something to do with "tampering". As soon as you crack them open, the E mark is (I assume) technically void.

I must admit i've read through how to do the headlights a couple of times and they do look good but as has been said above its a lot of work but sometimes its the little things that make all the difference, just been a bit different from the rest...

I must admit i've read through how to do the headlights a couple of times and they do look good but as has been said above its a lot of work but sometimes its the little things that make all the difference, just been a bit different from the rest...

Exactly why I did mine. If it was easy, everyone would do it and then it wouldn't be as cool. Haha

My plan was always to joey mod, install DRL-style LEDs, and then a lamin-x lens tint to get things looking really evil. Fortunately I took a mid-way pic before I did the lens tint....

Here you have one matte black joey'd headlight with the addition of an LED strip and the chrome light surrounds also painted gloss black for some contrast.

joey-led.jpg

In addition to looking super-evil when coupled with the joey mod, the tint hides the LED strip nicely when they are not lit up. But I am yet to get a photo of them completely finished.

Not to everyone's taste, but I love how they've turned out.

Night shot (perfect colour temperature match to my HIDs)...

DRLon.jpg

bargain for real - what was the item number?!

but god only knows what makes people put fairy lights in their already mean looking B6

tint yes, fairy lights NO