Want Cruise control for my S3 8P

avvy786

Reaction score
Anyone in or around the birmingham are that can supply and fit cruise control to my Audi S3 8P - i dont mind travelling up to around 25-30 miles to get it fitted...

Thanks for the offer mate but the way i drive it will cost me an extra £100 on fuel - looking for someone around the midlands area

Same here - and what would i need to get it fitted? any "part numbers"?
is there some tutorial list or wiki for this a3 board?
Im at northampton

Do you have like the part numbers. I am trying to buy some stuff in germany since i lived in neckarsulm and got connections to the quattro gmbh.

If you get the parts I don't mind fitting and coding it. As long as you get the right parts yourself. Doesn't take too long to install and code.. Did my brothers this morning which took about an hour.. You'll need to buy the stalk, check to see if you need a new Steering control unit and bottom cowling if you don't want to cut your current one..

If you use the search you'll find loads of threads on it..

Crunchie, Where abouts are you as I'm heading upto scotland(dundee) either sunday or early next week and can code it for you..

cool - i just read that it might be the possibility to fit the golf 5 Cruise control. think its better to have just one lever at the side of the steeringwheel. after vag-com check of my "controller"

Right, this is my first post on here so apologies for just barging in like that.

I got myself a Golf V Cruise Control Kit a while back (got VAG-COM and checked that it matches) but I'm driving a 2004, double frame grill version and need to pull the cable from the steering ecu to the ecu underneath the wiper's motor.

+ the prospect of taking off the steering wheel, disconnecting/re-connecting airbag just doesn't seem all that nice without a driveway to die in safely.

I'm based around Archway/Highgate in North London (and happen to drive on German plates but never mind that). Anyone in the vicinity who knows what to do? The kit came with an install kit and I got half a dozen instructions from various sources that describe the, apparently relatively easy, job.

Thanks

Right, this is my first post on here so apologies for just barging in like that.

I got myself a Golf V Cruise Control Kit a while back (got VAG-COM and checked that it matches) but I'm driving a 2004, double frame grill version and need to pull the cable from the steering ecu to the ecu underneath the wiper's motor.

+ the prospect of taking off the steering wheel, disconnecting/re-connecting airbag just doesn't seem all that nice without a driveway to die in safely.

I'm based around Archway/Highgate in North London (and happen to drive on German plates but never mind that). Anyone in the vicinity who knows what to do? The kit came with an install kit and I got half a dozen instructions from various sources that describe the, apparently relatively easy, job.

Thanks

Have PM'd NHN for you to see if he can help

I PM'd someone nearer to you, but he hasnt replied as yet, so if I can be of help to fit then please let me know :)

I PM'd someone nearer to you, but he hasnt replied as yet, so if I can be of help to fit then please let me know :)

Hi Nigel, I already messaged jaz.lOvl3 the other day and think I am fitting for him next weekend. He is not far from me, actually he is from the area I grew up in.
Think he is calling me tomorrow to confirm.

Cheers

There you go, just the person I was referring too :) glad sorted, you're in good hands.