Brakes overheating after fitting coilovers.

Nath89

Reaction score
Hi.
Today I fitted coilovers to my a3 and I thought everything went fine, but now my brakes are really squeaky. After about 15 minutes of driving around, the 'check brake pads' error came up on the dash, so I stopped & had a quick look and the heat they were giving off was unbelievable.
The brake pads were brand new in December, does anyone have any ideas of whats wrong?
Thanks.

Have you pinched a brake line ?

Somethings amiss as why would a brake pad check come up if brake line was somehow damaged/incorrectly routed, pad wear indicator isnt related to the other, pad check is just for that, unless its literally down to the bone already, if the brake line had flow issues I suspect abs would throw up a fault given this controls that side of things, ideally you need it up on a ramp & scanned.

have both front pads worn evenly?
are the calipers sticky +in need of service?

i read that our cars do periodic "brake drying" slight brake applications.
if you have a hose thats been damaged by clamping or bending, it can cause a restriction.

on my old car, a hose caused that brake to be slow to apply +slow to release (i could only see this on the mot testers brake testing rollers)
i.e. the pressure couldnt get in, then it couldnt get out.
+im thinking with the audis periodic brake drying, its going to keep making the brake drag +pads wear out if the hose has a restriction (or you have sticky calipers)