Which 2.0l TDi to get?

Bmarnold

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am new to the forum and am after some advice. I
am looking to get a 2.0l TDi 140bhp, am not that bothered between the SE or the sport trim. I have seen a 2006 SE from Audi approved with 40,000 miles on the clock and a 2008 (58 plate so new facelift) Sport trim with 80,000 on the clock from independent garage.

Having neer previously owned an Audi before, what does everyone think with regards to which one they would lean towards? Is there anything I should be specifically looking out for at these mileage levels so that I don't get stung?

Thanks a lot!

PS - they're retailing for the exact same price.

If you're not bothered about the trim then personally I'd go for the 2006. 40k is a lot of miles and there aren't massive differences in the new models (a few basic mods would probably help if you felt inclined).

That's just my opinion though...

If I were to go back to diesel I'd have the 170 TDI DPF S-Line. Was a lovely car, (and still is!)never had any issues apart from the horn failing 3 times... all covered under warranty.

However if your getting the 140...go for the low mileage one. less time for it to have been abused! :)

Id go for the newer sport, better seats suspension etc.

Well having bought a 57 plate 2.0 tdi SE with 30k, i'd say go for that one for the spec. They seem to have lowered the spec with the facelift in 2008, my SE has more toys than an S-line and with a few mods its becoming a desirable car.

As is was a "poverty spec" SE i got it for a bargain price but yet it has more equipment than a supposedly higher spec S-Line which included climate, parking sensors, auto lights & wipers, Concert stereo, cruise control etc... Having replaced the interior trims from the wood to the aluminium and updated the alloys and rear lights, the only thing i'd look to change now are the seats, SE seats are nowhere near as comfy as sport seats :(

Have you looked at a 1.4 TFSI if your interested in fuel economy? They seem to be quite abit cheaper than the 2.0 TDI and have the same performance figures!