So the JBS K04 Manifold is out...

Y

Yohan87

But all seems quiet.

I believe there was a test car going to Bill's but we haven't heard anything back.

Does anybody know how this performs compared to the Relentless one?

Purely interested in performance at this stage...only time will tell how reliable it is.

I think the XS one has kind of stolen the limelight due to the price difference. I expect them to both be as free flowing as each other but who knows which one will last longer? I've seen cast manis crack just as quickly as cheap tubular ones.

What are the costs either way??

I think the XS one has kind of stolen the limelight due to the price difference. I expect them to both be as free flowing as each other but who knows which one will last longer? I've seen cast manis crack just as quickly as cheap tubular ones.

the jbs investment cast unit is'nt going to be comparible to the relentless one... It is much higher quality casting than others seen..

Relentless works and flows lovely... BUT, its reliability is what concerns me...... in short,medium,long term
I know which of the two I would trust to not crack...........

I had done some tests.. but the results are not ready for public consumption currently.

I will leave it at that.

Reactions: Benjiman46
What are the costs either way??

JBS one is £450 + P&P and the XS one is £249.99 + P&P

The JBS one is cast and the XS is tubular.

I do want one of the two for my car, but I'm waiting a while to see if any problems arise with them.

I had my JBS mani on for over a year had no issues what so ever. My car did run dangerously lean (hot) for a while and it coped with the heat well! Also there were no issues with fitment, it doesn't take up much more space than the oem mani but does flow extremely well.

Badger5 tip and a JBS exhaust manifold would be a great combo! (along with a few other bits)

Turbo spool up is lush with a high flow mani. It kind o makes the map of the car feel smoother as the turbo punch isn't as bad as there not the restriction from the OEM mani.

Reactions: jitvv
JBS one is £450 + P&P and the XS one is £249.99 + P&P
On my last contact with Relentless here in the USA
Manifold are 250$

Manifold + dpipe decat= 500$

prices are in US $ and includes shipping to the UK.

for me, i find that the price difference is huge. Sure JBS would be a better quality thou.

I had my JBS mani on for over a year had no issues what so ever. My car did run dangerously lean (hot) for a while and it coped with the heat well! Also there were no issues with fitment, it doesn't take up much more space than the oem mani but does flow extremely well.

Badger5 tip and a JBS exhaust manifold would be a great combo! (along with a few other bits)
std turbo, and unmapped @ the time?

Standard K04 with a poor map (lean), made 229.78g/s @ 5960rpm, AIT 23oC @ 5960. Was spiking (26psi) and did pull timing 5500+

I'm looking forward to seeing your results Bill with this manifold, i never got round to testing mine fully