Turbo chatter

Conorn

Reaction score
HI everyone,

My rs turbo had major major turbo chatter I've been looking at videos of s4s and can't hear anything from the turbos ? do you get turbo chatter or just settle for a d/v ?

Just DV valves really as you choose the risk of snapping the turbine shafts, set of forge DV and a modded airbox or open filter will give you a more audible dumping sound.

sorry i might be mistaken but are you saying that having d/vs could cause problems with your turbos ?

No sorry i didnt really explain these cars dont like dump valves as the air is metered so it causes the car to over fuel as your dumping the air to atmosphere so they have DV or diverter valves that redirect the air to the intake so theres no fuelling problems, the only way you can get the chatter/compressor stall noise is by pulling the vac lines of the DV's so that the turbo's stall hence the risk of snapping them, hope that all helps.

There are loads of threads on the net about turbo chatter. Many in the turbo Nissan world run with no dv at all (myself included and at 1.4 bar as well) with no ill effect. Are the turbo set ups on Audi's a bit weaker?

I'm not saying it's a good idea and have zero intention of doing this on my audi by the way :)

i had no dv on my rs running at 21psi with anti lag No problems with the turbo at all

It all depends on the shaft diameter as the kkk ones arent ideal in comparison to a garrett.