Exhaust!

Dale-M

Reaction score
Just recently bought my audi a3 and been modfiying it lately .. but my next thing is an exhaust system
just seeing if anyone knows whats a good one to go for? with performance :)
not looking for anything really noisy unless i put my foot down .. a nice rumble with the dumb vavle :)
iv heard alot about miltek??

im interested too.

what dv you got? you got an uprated filter too?

you paid that much lol is it quite loud? im looking to get a loud dv, but not one of these blow off valves on ebay as i heard there not great for the engine as from standard there re-circulationg

it was actually already installed on the car when i bought it but i kinda helped so i no the ins and outs of it. its actually better for the engine then a standard DV but no theres hardly any noise at all im looking for something bit louder but not to sure which one.

I have a full Milltek race exhaust from mani back, 3" downpipe, race cat and Milltek back box. It's awesome, as when taking the mother to the shops she has no idea it's a race exhaust, then when I plant it, it gives me a nice rumble. Motorway cruising is quiet and pleasant so no headache!

i got

3"downpipe/decat
1.9TDI centre section (straight through)
OMP backbox

quiet when at low revs but above 3K gives a nice tone (not to loud) also pops and spits flames bonus too

get the 007P and fit an open cone filter you will hear it dump then

You might want to look at this type of dumpvalve if you want a bit of noise,... eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace . Youcan adjust thelevel of air being dumped into the atmosphere aka the amountof psshhh

Split R is not a good valve for these engines especially as yours will be an AUM engine and any form of atmos valve won't be good for them...

If you want noise then get a remap, a cone filter and a Forge 007p or 008p DV... I wouldn't entertain fitting anything else as it will cause you engine running issues such as stalling at junctions etc...

These engines don't have loud dump vlaves so don't expect them to be really loud...

<tuffty/>

Cheers guys Forge 007p that looks very good might have to invest :)

the miltek race exhaust sounds exactly what im looking for how much roughly to install and were could i get at one??
nice one people
appreciate it :)