Audi symphony Bose Headunit, iPhone??

Craig Cull

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi all!!

When I bought my car a year ago, I noticed it had an iPod/iPhone cable.
Im asuming it connects to the Audi symphony Bose headunit. When I plug the fone in
it says "this device will not charge with this" (or something along them lines)

Does this mean the cable is connected to the headunit? If so how do I get the music to play through the headunit?

Will this headunit even accept an iPhone?? Or has it previously had a different headunit in?

If this headunit doesn't work with the cable, what do I need to buy to make it work?
Also is there any way to use the existing phone cradle to connect??

Any help would be great :)

If its the same as mine press cd until CDC appears on display then that should play your I pod or I phone etc. mine doesn't charge either

Yeah its fairly crap hey Chris lol.

Yep! I'm looking to upgrade mine to rns-e this week. Although I've seen a brilliant pioneer unit but gonna keep genuine

Craig,

Its because the audi's aren't up to speed on the iphone tech.
Iphones need a higher voltage to charge than ipods.
What youll find is that it will play your songs but wont access any playlists etc.
I picked up a cheapy ipod nano which means i can save some playlists which will play thru it.

I bought the iphone cradle for the iphone that fits in the arm rest. Charges it but thats all.

Craig,

Its because the audi's aren't up to speed on the iphone tech.
Iphones need a higher voltage to charge than ipods.
What youll find is that it will play your songs but wont access any playlists etc.
I picked up a cheapy ipod nano which means i can save some playlists which will play thru it.

I bought the iphone cradle for the iphone that fits in the arm rest. Charges it but thats all.

thanks mate, i think ill just stick to loud speaker, alsong as it plays music ill be happy :) saves me having loads of cd's in the car and /or killing my favourite ones lol

Don't thank me till you tried it lol

it works chris :) thank you!! it does sound abit crappy tho, but i dont want to move away from the genuine headunits. but then also i dont want to upgrade to a better 1, as we get alot of audis in at work with the windows smashed and the headunits ripped out. as it stands it doesnt look good enough to steal lol (i hope)