Allow me to re-introduce myself...

DJ_Troopa

Reaction score
Hello 8P people :) Thought i'd introduce myself to this section as i haven't yet.

I used to own an 8L S3 for a few years until i decided about a month ago i'm gonna have to sell it :( Looking to put a deposit on a house next year and having a diesel will help me big time in saving money that way. I do quite alot of local driving and the S3 would do about 270 miles to a full tank and my TDI done 470, so a big money saving difference already!

I spent god knows how much on the S3 and it's quite well known in the 8L section. I had it running 270bhp and i wanted to get the 3" downpipe on and Stage 2 map it, but i thought what's the point as i'm selling it soon, might aswell stick that cash towards a nice 8P!

Here's a few of my beloved S3.......

5866160476_2f4a149a6d_z.jpg

313823_10150832847495641_746455640_20843851_1542115018_n.jpg

302299_245084992198836_216146838425985_755603_4755547_n.jpg

6209158912_7e61826039_z.jpg

6394125629_491f668641_z.jpg

Then Winter Mode...

7044460045_4671c5deb3_z.jpg

Then sold it like this...

6827739996_97879bedeb_z.jpg

6827739504_4f0762fb5a_z.jpg

6827740858_8a86a94795_z.jpg

I bought a 54 plate 2.0 TDI 140 Sport in Lava Grey which i wanted and LOVE!! It's got 66k on the clock and it's absolutely clean, the colour is great, it has that cool cup holder, huge hole pocket in front of gearstick (no ashtray), ambient light pack (even the red lights on the inside door handles!), cruise control, parking sensors, full Audi service history and only 1 owner. They gave it a full service with cambelt and water pump too!

I haven't got proper pics yet but i'm sure you all know what it looks like as standard, here's a crappy mobile pic for now.........

6853486320_e777062e7e_z.jpg

I defo have plans for this ie. air ride and wheels next year. Going to save, relax and enjoy myself this year, i'm a clean freak so i try my best to keep it detailed!

Sorry for the huge topic and i look forward to speaking/meeting you guys just as i did with the 8L people!

Thanks

AJ

Hi there AJ! I absolutely loved your S3, it was a fantastic example of the model and was a real credit to you. I look forward to seeing your plans unfolding for your 8P and wish you all the best with it. Enjoy! :wub: xx

Welcome to the 8P section AJ. Like your new car. Hope you enjoy :racer: It as much as the 8L. :)

Based on the 8L, I'm excited to see what you do with the 8P.

Also, you're name isn't "Hov', H to the O-V".

good man! i realllly liked your 8L. One of my favs. Always looked at it at Ace!

Thanks people :)

I'm always down there on the VAG nights so you defo would of seen me then!

As much as i loved the S3, it had to go :( I put too much money and life into that car, time to relax a bit and wait for my air ride kit and wheels next year. If a few things go to plan in the next couple months, i maybe able to get it sooner! ;)

Lovely S3 8L you had there mate, stunning!!
welcome aboard the 8P.
Hopefully you'll be at Ace in two weeks time.
If so I'll come and say hello.

I broke out in song when i read the thread title

Your S3 looked sick!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MartayMcFly
I just bough a3 8p 2004 tdi,just the same like your and I am looking to do something with it but not sure where to start :))Post up some pictures as soon as you done any mods on your car so I can share your experiences :)

I just bough a3 8p 2004 tdi,just the same like your and I am looking to do something with it but not sure where to start :))Post up some pictures as soon as you done any mods on your car so I can share your experiences :)

hi, welcome to ASN. Ave a read through the sticky threads at top of the page. Have a look through the pics thread as well. Soon give you lots of ideas. Post a pic up. Where are you located? Enjoy the forum. :)

good luck with your new motor saw your 8l at ace nice example hope your find the 8p guys as helpful

Loved what you did with the 8L AJ looking forward to see where you go with your 8P ;)

Thanks for the warm welcome and comments everyone :) I'm itching to buy an air ride kit soon but i think 'no don't start splashing money out again so fast!'

I've put my HU back in, white sidelights, white rear plate lights, and changed the headlight bulbs to the Mtec Cosmos Blue which are great! I've got a nice black Audi tax disc holder (had to be done!), and next up is my private plate to go back on as i just received my log book back last week. Just the first few touches to the car to let myself know i'm making it my own once again :racer:

Robin - I never had a polo but was on Club Polo, you're admin on there right? I'm good friends with Amit, Dave and Tej. It was a very interesting forum and had a laugh, especially when we organised the West London Meet a good few years ago!

Last edited:
oh hello mr troopa

only way forward is tdi i always told you that lool

can't wait for ours to come along

oh hello mr troopa

only way forward is tdi i always told you that lool

can't wait for ours to come along

Yo 8P brother, i'm still looking forward to an 8P S3 after this in a good few years time! ;) I need to get this thing mapped soon though, boy does it have lag!!