Quick wheel Q

NineNails

Proud sponsor of the snack food industry
Reaction score
Morning. How would these sit ?
8j x 35 x 17 With 235/45 tyres
Thanks as always ;)

Wheels would be fine, you MAY have issues with 235's depending on the shape of the tyre and how low your running.

235s should be fine. A mate had them on his a4 and only scrubbed when it went really low. Otherwise was more than ok. Was reading a thread on zine a little while ago about the widest tyre in a normal b5 arch and people were squeezing 255s under there and a lot were happily running 245s.

It really does depend on the tyre, some have a very square shape, others taper towards the tread and thus appear narrower.

Fitted the wheels ok and they look the mutts nuts. The 35 offset brings them right out it the arches for a good 'fat wheel' look. With Eibach Pro springs they are right on the limit though I think. Everything is fine for day to day driving but I'm not sure I'd like to go fully loaded but I don't anyway so it's all good.
Cheers.

By the way... This stuff is great >>>> Planet Polish : Wheel Seal & Shine, alloy wheel polishing, wheel cleaning & alloy wheel sealant for protection from brake dust.