30 degrees outside and no aircon

celica

Reaction score
its been 3 weeks now since the dealer told me the car needs a new compressor and still the part has not arrived,i met a guy yesterday also sweating in his a3 with the same problem,anyone else waiting for a repair?

wish we had weather up here that deemed an aircon house necessary!!!

but in a car - even at glasgow temps - i can totally sympathise! hope you get it sorted soon!

Oh dear, aircon compressor is quite a common problem then? Mine packed up early May, so went to the stealers and after 45mins they told me that the compressor had packed up. Took 10 days for them to get one from Germany, so had work done on 23rd May. All working fine for the mo - part from they had scratched the chrome surround by the gearshift when the chap was cleaning the car out! Complained - so getting a new one courtesy of Audi.

Just wonder how long this new aircon compressor will last?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

A3 2.0 TDI Sport DSG

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wish we had weather up here that deemed an aircon house necessary!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely - still using the heated seats every day, never mind aircon!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, England sends all their surplus 'Winter' tyres up to Scotland, re-labelled as 'All season' tyres /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Blo*dy rain, rain and more sod*ing rain /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif

Now now Japper.
Aberdeen's average annual rainfall (821mm) is,on average,only slightly higher than London (610mm) and quite a bit lower than Cardiff (1064mm)
Don't believe the hype and god bless those Grampian mountains.

[ QUOTE ]
Now now Japper.
Aberdeen's average annual rainfall (821mm) is,on average,only slightly higher than London (610mm) and quite a bit lower than Cardiff (1064mm)
Don't believe the hype and god bless those Grampian mountains.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a good 30% more than southerners, and who cares about the welsh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

The other fact seems to be that we get 821mm in summertime and 8 inch of snow in wintertime. At least southerners get a summer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Oh and it's warmer rain in London /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention the beer..... Sorry, shandy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Oh and it's warmer rain in London /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

But it's wetter rain up here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Yeah,but the roads round here Japper...

Come on...

When can southerners do 100mph+ over lovely twisty roads without a hint of coppers or cameras...

The Lecht road on a sunny Sunday morning...followed by a ****** breakfast in the cafe at the top.

It's like the TT or the Nurburgring,depending on whether I'm on the bike or in the car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah,but the roads round here Japper...

Come on...

When can southerners do 100mph+ over lovely twisty roads without a hint of coppers or cameras...

The Lecht road on a sunny Sunday morning...followed by a ****** breakfast in the cafe at the top.

It's like the TT or the Nurburgring,depending on whether I'm on the bike or in the car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My three favourite 'blast' roads at the mo are: Ellon to Peterhead, Dyce to Oldmeldrum and Kintore to Alford /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Oh, and back of course /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

We're very lucky up here and no mistake.
I've friends in Leicester and they still talk about some of the blasts we've had up here.
They have to take a ferry to France to enjoy the sorts of roads we have within 20 miles of home.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love the rain, reminds me of why i bought a Quattro. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif