red carbon wrapped s3

HEKTOR

Reaction score
I am down at jjb motors while johnny sorts and tweaks my rs4. He has a customers red carbon wrapped s3 in and i was woundering if it belongs to anyone on here? I will get a picture. My misses wants to buy it lol

It's a pity there aren't any close up pics of the finish on the thread posted above, but carbon fibre (be it the real deal or in this case carbon effect vinyl) is very hard to match up where body panels meet, to have the 'weave' running in the same direction and to get it to look anything but odd when a car's completely wrapped in it. I think real carbon fibre looks amazing on smaller panels like spoilers, mirrors, diffusers, etc, where the car is predominantly body coloured with just a few carbon details, like on IanS3's beautiful Ibis S3 for instance. Less is more, IMO. :wub: xx

Last edited:
My mates, got his Bentley GT wrapped all in black carbon fibre, its not to my taste but it does look very stealth like.. Not sure I'd fancy paying the 2.5k it cost him to have done though... Guess it depends what floats your boat

Carbon wrap is the worst thing in the world.

It looks and feels nothing like actual carbon fibre

and technically it makes your car heavier.

should be called snakeskin wrap in my opinion.

I failed to get pictures guys. When i stopped back in at jjb for a cuppa the customer had already been and collected their car. There is a picture of it on the jjb motors facebook page if you want to see it. There might even be some of mine to ;-)

When you said red carbon i was expecting summat like this not the dogturd that was shown. Looks like red fablon

hjc-FS-15-Carbon-fiber-Red.jpg

FCD AUDI A3 S-LINE Project RED Carbon- Car Wraping - YouTube

This look alot better IMHO but for some reason I like it, maybe its just unique or the fact I would like this in dark green carbon :p haha

I have to say that Polish guy's attention to detail when wrapping that A3 Sportback was amazing. I only spotted one area where the 'weave' of the carbon vinyl wasn't running top left to bottom right diagonally (where the black carbon door handle wrap met the red carbon on the door). That looks much better, but without decent quality, detailed pics of the UK one, we won't know how good the quality of that wrap was. Hektor, you need to track it down and take some good piccies of it, Dude! :laugh: :wub: xx

Is it me or when the car is introduced in the clip and driven in around the corner, did anyone else have the music from the death march going on in their head, as if the car was going to have its heart cut out!! Poor thing looked like a dog being taken to the vets to have its bits taken off!!! lol

Carbon wrap is the worst thing in the world.

It looks and feels nothing like actual carbon fibre

and technically it makes your car heavier.

should be called snakeskin wrap in my opinion.

Its all about the plastidipping now youtube videos on doing parts of a car are pretty cool to be honest, even considering getting my wheels plastidipped by scottb5 on here.

Its all about the plastidipping now youtube videos on doing parts of a car are pretty cool to be honest, even considering getting my wheels plastidipped by scottb5 on here.

Holy thread revival.

And no offence to scottb5, but there are two key bonuses of plastidip over spray paint:

1. It's a piece of p*** to apply.
2. If you **** it up, it peels off.

So get yourself on plastidip.co.uk, buy some cans (4 atleast) and have a bash yourself!

I think real carbon fibre looks amazing on smaller panels like spoilers, mirrors, diffusers, etc, where the car is predominantly body coloured with just a few carbon details, like on IanS3's beautiful Ibis S3 for instance. Less is more, IMO.
zhao1.jpg