ToyoSport FMIC engine bay pipes. OEM look. pics inside

jay1601

Reaction score
had enough of the pipes going across the engine bay, took a look today to see what i could do to hide them as much as possible.

heres before
DSC_0345.jpg

i started off by putting the standard audi intercooler 90 degree rubber pipe. connected to the toyosport pipe (turbo connecting pipe) turned on its side
BasingstokeandDeane-20120424-00078.jpg

this pipe (red arrow) i cut about a inch n 1/2 off the shorter leg. if you hold it up your see one it shorter then the other
pipe.png

BasingstokeandDeane-20120424-00082.jpg

cut that much off

the pipes will now line up perfectly, put in the silicone reducer and its all connected up
BasingstokeandDeane-20120424-00079.jpg

this is my engine bay now
BasingstokeandDeane-20120424-00077.jpg

much more OEM looking, i am at some point going to get the pipes welded together and repainted matt black

Reactions: Nick090884 and liquids3
Very nice work, wondered how long it would take someone to do this, much nicer looking.. Reckon you'll set a trend here

Reactions: deeman88
Very nice work, wondered how long it would take someone to do this, much nicer looking.. Reckon you'll set a trend here

you done a great job mate!

thanks Beachbuggy, took the words right out of keyboard cable lol

Hi jay1601 looks very oem as far as bays concerned, nice job!!! How does it look with bumper on? i was guna get 1 of these kits but didnt want to carve bumper up.

Reactions: cecilthesausage
Hi jay1601 looks very oem as far as bays concerned, nice job!!! How does it look with bumper on? i was guna get 1 of these kits but didnt want to carve bumper up.

takes a fair bit of working and cutting to get them to fit behind the bumper

heres photos of the front pipes so they don't stick out.

standard TB to intercooler pipe
DSC_0241.jpg

cut the silver pipe down in this photo to get the right shape
DSC_0242.jpg

cut this pipe to get it to sit close into the car as possible
DSC_0243.jpg

you can see the longer joiners i just for the pipes to connect to the intercooler

then you can see they don't even stick out as far at the impact bar
DSC_0245.jpg

DSC_0271.jpg

still need to shave a little bit of plastic off
drivers side
DSC_0272.jpg

passanger side
DSC_0273.jpg

Did you need to loose the fogs? Im planning on doing this but im really not wanting to loose the fogs as ill end up (like yourself) with two holes and no fogs =/ I was thinking that I could get some mesh to cover them and use the passenger side one for a cold air feed.
Did you get an ebay FMIC kit?

Same question about the fogs??? Also your bumper doesn't look to sit flush to the lights

my car didn't have fog lights to start with. i fitted a facelift bottom half. i'm using the fog light holes to run cold air feed pipes

bumper wasn't on 100%. was only place on to take a photo to show the pipes fit behind the bumper grilles

This will be a definate plan for the near future didnt want to see all stainless pipework but now i no its do'able its a definate. Did the kit come with map sensor pipe?

yeah it came with the pipe that had the MAP sensor hole on it. but i got rid of it as i don't have a MAP sensor