What do you hate???

That ******* who cuts you off in traffic and then gives a cute little wave.

Reactions: Jcbmally
F+ck1ng Government systems that's what I hate, the fact that this MTD HMRC VAT b0ll0cks is not only costing me nearly £300 a year here on to rent software off the web (had a perfectly serviceable Sage package on an old PC) but on receiving a letter telling me to sign up on the .gov website at least 72 hrs before my return is due when doing so I'm told I can't proceed until I've received a verification letter through the post.....can take up to 15 days *** you f4ck1ng morons I thought you wanted everything digital and then to top it all when I call them to inform them that my return will now be late I spend the best part of an hour in the phone que only to have an operator come on that sounded like her head was in a tin bucket and all I can hear on top of her voice is my own coming back a me in a massive echo, when I mention this she then proceeds to cut me off in her ham fisted effort to sort out the issue...........argggggghhhhhhhhhhhh I've had enough of this f*ck1ng planet would some ufo please abduct me and take me away from all these c*n7s...

• Wow
Reactions: swisstony, Raiden and Jcbmally
F+ck1ng Government systems that's what I hate, the fact that this MTD HMRC VAT b0ll0cks is not only costing me nearly £300 a year here on to rent software off the web (had a perfectly serviceable Sage package on an old PC) but on receiving a letter telling me to sign up on the .gov website at least 72 hrs before my return is due when doing so I'm told I can't proceed until I've received a verification letter through the post.....can take up to 15 days *** you f4ck1ng morons I thought you wanted everything digital and then to top it all when I call them to inform them that my return will now be late I spend the best part of an hour in the phone que only to have an operator come on that sounded like her head was in a tin bucket and all I can hear on top of her voice is my own coming back a me in a massive echo, when I mention this she then proceeds to cut me off in her ham fisted effort to sort out the issue...........argggggghhhhhhhhhhhh I've had enough of this f*ck1ng planet would some ufo please abduct me and take me away from all these c*n7s...
Feel your pain mate. Anything government run is just utter crap, digital world is supposed to make life easier no ??

I can sympathise here, am in same boat, prior to Covid there was a push to get accounting all digital, which again will cost us business owners again in using software.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate turning 40 and getting older

I was running around my flat getting ready and slipped over in the hallway and f**ked my knee. The wife laughing at me on the floor rolling around in pain.

Only 40 chap, it doesn't get any better either, just go with the flow as thats all you can do.
sorry to hear about the knee , not good at all.

Reactions: Raiden
best give the knee some rest and icepacks , and get the wife to look after you after taking the mick when you were down.

best give the knee some rest and icepacks , and get the wife to look after you after taking the mick when you were down.

I fell over years ago at the park and messed my back up. She wet herself laughing.

Last 7 years I have to see a chiropractor to sort my back out. That was not a fun day

Going to work. :sadlike::crying::sob:

Reactions: Charlie Farley and Raiden
I called in sick today and said I won’t be in tomorrow with my knee. Beginning of the week is always busy and I’m not running about.

Nintendo switch doesn’t play itself

Reactions: Charlie Farley and Jcbmally
I'd love to call in sick tomorrow when im unwell but sadly I'm the boss , the staff, and the dogs-body so its never going to happen sadly.

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally and Raiden
Online store stock checkers, they are really getting up my nostril at the moment.
Homebase is really bad, why have a store checker that doesn't link to store stock,i mean really, what is the point?

And when you voice displeasure at the store manager that the online store stock checker says 10 in stock and there is in fact 0 in-store stock, he just says, well you can't take any notice of that, it doesn't work, what is the point.

Online store stock checkers, they are really getting up my nostril at the moment.
Homebase is really bad, why have a store checker that doesn't link to store stock,i mean really, what is the point?

And when you voice displeasure at the store manager that the online store stock checker says 10 in stock and there is in fact 0 in-store stock, he just says, well you can't take any notice of that, it doesn't work, what is the point.

Sounds like my place. We have Stevie Wonder & Ray Charles in warehouse

Customer’s phone up and I have to say please hold the line as the system says 5 but I don’t trust the pr!cks in warehouse.

The other day for an item the system said 1 in stock but I knew in my head we more. We had over 20 and I say to the d!cks who the f*** counted this????? I don’t know if they are lazy or thick

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Car insurance!!!!

So my nephew passed his test a couple weeks ago and was on the hunt for a car. He decided he wanted a Skoda Fabia and I told him what to do when getting quotes for the car

I should of done as it went a bit wrong. Bought a car today and brought it home so when we sat down to insure a 1.2 for a 21 year old in a 2005 car the price was astronomical. 5-6k without one of those black boxes and with it was 3k!!! Holy

He said to me originally 1800 quid but he didn’t fill out the boxes correctly . Anyway got it for £2300 fully comp without the box. Let’s hope he doesn’t write it off.

But seriously how do kid’s afford to drive now? It’s a joke. I cried at £450 for my Golf R this year

Ok where going back to the year 2000 and my insurance for a 1.3 was about £900 fully comp.

Reactions: THQuattro
Car insurance!!!!

So my nephew passed his test a couple weeks ago and was on the hunt for a car. He decided he wanted a Skoda Fabia and I told him what to do when getting quotes for the car

I should of done as it went a bit wrong. Bought a car today and brought it home so when we sat down to insure a 1.2 for a 21 year old in a 2005 car the price was astronomical. 5-6k without one of those black boxes and with it was 3k!!! Holy

He said to me originally 1800 quid but he didn’t fill out the boxes correctly . Anyway got it for £2300 fully comp without the box. Let’s hope he doesn’t write it off.

But seriously how do kid’s afford to drive now? It’s a joke. I cried at £450 for my Golf R this year

Ok where going back to the year 2000 and my insurance for a 1.3 was about £900 fully comp.

That’s crazy. I thought paying £500 for 3rd party only for my MG Metro was extortionate back in the late 90s. I don’t see how they expect any young people to drive with insurance premiums like that.

It's an easy way to get new drivers out of cars, just make the premiums over the top.

They have car owners by the nuts, if you want to drive then you have no option other than to pay up.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Well, one thing a hate is actually moaning about things I hate.
I'd love to live in a world where i didn't need to moan about daily irritations and dislike etc, that would be so nice, but sadly it's all a dream so no change on the horizon just yet.

Reactions: THQuattro and Audi Bairn
I do love a good rant and rave and boy , being slightly older, I do find myself becoming less and less tolerant :) So yes I could spend all day filling this section of the forum up but for today I shall just off with couriers.
Utterly useless sack of ***** , staffed by no doubt mono brow knuckle dragging low hanging fruit dimwits who sadly dont get paid enough so cant be *****.
So DPD text me to say they are delivering a parcel today between 11-12. Ok happy days I will be in
Happen to glance out the window at 11:15 to see a DPD van at the bottom of my driveway. Watch as the cretin gets out his cab, opens the back, rummages around for a bit, comes back to his cab, grabs his phone, back in the van to check on contents. Comes back to his cab and drives off !!
Thought odd, sure that was for me .
Check on my delivery a few hours later to find this message
IMG 1456

He was outside my ******* house you idiots !!!

Try and talk to someone and no all you can do is reschedule it . So a new text arrives this morning so lets hope this one uses his eyes and can read a house number.

• Wow
Reactions: Jcbmally
I do love a good rant and rave and boy , being slightly older, I do find myself becoming less and less tolerant :) So yes I could spend all day filling this section of the forum up but for today I shall just off with couriers.
Utterly useless sack of ***** , staffed by no doubt mono brow knuckle dragging low hanging fruit dimwits who sadly dont get paid enough so cant be *****.
So DPD text me to say they are delivering a parcel today between 11-12. Ok happy days I will be in
Happen to glance out the window at 11:15 to see a DPD van at the bottom of my driveway. Watch as the cretin gets out his cab, opens the back, rummages around for a bit, comes back to his cab, grabs his phone, back in the van to check on contents. Comes back to his cab and drives off !!
Thought odd, sure that was for me .
Check on my delivery a few hours later to find this message
View attachment 261698

He was outside my ******* house you idiots !!!

Try and talk to someone and no all you can do is reschedule it . So a new text arrives this morning so lets hope this one uses his eyes and can read a house number.
1 million percentage agree.

It wasn't that he didn't see your house number he knew he was in the right place but he couldn't find your parcel, the PDA doesn't have an option for "I can't find the parcel amongst the 100+ others that are in the van lol! From experience there are plenty of things that the customer does that can be a proper pain....No house name or number displayed is but one that'll make me fecking rage...:rage:

Well two things wrong with that
If he couldn’t find the parcel why make it look like it was my fault and put up that load of ******** on the tracking
Secondly it was broad daylight and my house has a big clearly visible number right next to the front door which he could see as he was 15feet from it
Numptties the lot of them

You haven't got what I was saying, there's no option to put what most probably was happening (it wasn't on board) so he's just picked an available option from the list as he has to click on something. When I can't find an address because either the Twatnav doesn't get you there or they feel no need to display a house name/number then the only option I can pick that is anywhere near the real reason is "address inaccessible"
Like I said before the customers are just as ****** stoopid most of the time, Customer "yeah I'll do a special next day order that needs a signature and then because the suns out I'll f4ck off out for the day" so don't mind me driving 30mins out of my loop to deliver your so special so urgent you needed it straight away package....those ones get dropped kicked back into the deep recesses of my van :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::grin:
There's a whole host of sh1t that you have to battle with when doing the job;
Incomplete address
Mostly Amazon, half the label not printed out, label completely f4cked, labels scrunched up so smart code wont scan
New housing estates that still have no street markers or still appear the other side of town on the twatnav
Housing estates that have completely ****** numbering system so you can't even use logic to find that skanky hole that lost it's number years ago and the imbibing of weed is obviously far more important to them.
Having 100+ parcels to deliver over a massive radius (my route is extremely rural)
Knocking on the door as there's no safe place but the upstairs curtains are still closed and they can't be ***** to get out of bed, you know they're there as the kids are all screaming and shouting downstairs even chanting door bell door bell.... so yeah sometimes it's a case of **** you and your parcel. I've even thrown them through open windows in the latter cases....haha it's only another day to wait......that's if it isn't MIA
Well two things wrong with that
If he couldn’t find the parcel why make it look like it was my fault and put up that load of ******** on the tracking
Secondly it was broad daylight and my house has a big clearly visible number right next to the front door which he could see as he was 15feet from it
Numptties the lot of them

Well at least it wasn't delivered, unlike the muppet from Evri that delivers to us , well if that's the right word,.
On a regular basis, he's always way off the time frame , which is not an issue as such as delays happen, but when he misses the latest drop of time and a message pings up, sorry we were unable to deliver today and it will out at a later date i always check the CCTV on the gate.
every time this happens the CCTV shows him delivering the parcel, taking a blank picture so nothing can be seen, and making a rapid getaway.
Not sure what goes on, but it's strange at least it's been delivered even if they say it hasn't.

Touch wood ive not had any probs with DPD , the guy has been doing our round for years and knows the format and is really good.
The same cant be said for Evri and yodel, absolute nightmare around our neck of the woods.

Evri are in a league of their own lol! Over our way the only driver for the area has jacked it in and all the parcels are stacked in a warehouse, the best bit is they aren't letting people go to collect so we've had stuff stuck there for nearly a month!

Yodel are just as bad.
when they mess up, which is every time now so i don't order items from retailers that use them.
If they do send items out via yodel i just go to my local depot and have a serious discussion with the manager and get my item on the spot.

Yodel has learned the expensive way that messing me about can be costly after they damaged my front gates and tried to deny it, i had it all on cctv .
They just denied it all until i posted it on the web with video and the director got wind of it, a cheque for £1600 was in my letter box within days.

You haven't got what I was saying,
Clearly you havent either
there's no option to put what most probably was happening (it wasn't on board) so he's just picked an available option from the list as he has to click on something.
There is the thing I was trying to point out. Pick something else that does not make it look it was the customer's fault. Anything, literally I dont care
But to pick the ONE thing that was clearly incorrect is what got my goat
When I can't find an address because either the Twatnav doesn't get you there or they feel no need to display a house name/number then the only option I can pick that is anywhere near the real reason is "address inaccessible"
Like I said before the customers are just as ****** stoopid most of the time,
Like I said in this case my house number was clearly visible so not relevant in this case.
You clearly are a courier of some sorts so I get your rant and rave about stupid customers etc,which is fine but in this case the courier was 100% being a ****.
Anyway all sorted, the normal driver came today and delivered it with no problem. I shall now have a rant about something else , the list is long :)

Yodel are just as bad.
when they mess up, which is every time now so i don't order items from retailers that use them.
If they do send items out via yodel i just go to my local depot and have a serious discussion with the manager and get my item on the spot.

Yodel has learned the expensive way that messing me about can be costly after they damaged my front gates and tried to deny it, i had it all on cctv .
They just denied it all until i posted it on the web with video and the director got wind of it, a cheque for £1600 was in my letter box within days.
Dont mess with Rob and his camera :)
Yodel are the pits and up until a few years agio I also tried to avoid any retailer that used them . Sometimes it would show up as we are delivering it via Yodel and my heart would sink. Lately Nespresso have started using them and they seemed to have improved . So we shall see who takes up their mantle. I also love how rebranding may make people forget just how awful they can be. Yes Hermes, looking at you :)

Reactions: Charlie Farley
We've had cctv for a while after a couple of burglaries and is very good.
The yodel incident was a classic, the sort you see on youtube all the time and never believe it happens, it did and the guy just lobbed heavy box over a 7ft wrought iron gate, it dropped straight down onto the gate arm and damaged the motor, caught on video, wrapped up like a kipper, no way the driver or yodel were getting off the hook this time.

I'm not a full time courier just do a bit on the side for extra cash, and the pay is very good through the agency I work through :smiley:
I get the same problems where I live, couriers are always leaving parcels at the top of my lane which is nearly 1/2 a mile long, had one just the other morning which was an electronic device just left perched on top of the post box. It had been left there since the evening before...:blink:

• Wow
Reactions: Charlie Farley and Jcbmally
Eco warriors are annoying!!!

Went sofa shopping yesterday and I’ll admit not bought one for 15 years but I asked the sales woman if I can get it Scotched guarded? She gave me this look of disgust and said no we don’t offer that as it’s bad for the environment

What isn’t bad for the environment these days?

Eco warriors are annoying!!!

Went sofa shopping yesterday and I’ll admit not bought one for 15 years but I asked the sales woman if I can get it Scotched guarded? She gave me this look of disgust and said no we don’t offer that as it’s bad for the environment

What isn’t bad for the environment these days?

I thought you were about to say "because it was racist" lol

Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for people moving into the rural side of life, whether that's off the grid with little surrounding life or into small rural villages, etc, but when people do make that choice and proceed to take over said locations as if they own the place I get really naffed off.
It has been going on for years and all small villages get it to a more or lesser degree, dare i use the word " outsiders" as it used to be termed .
It's not everyone but there appears to be a very specific group of people that find the need to take over the place and then don't like it when others comment on it.
They squim their way onto the village council for there own gain, oh yes a few planning applications need passing on our new house, thats ok chap, cough, cough and a sutle cash bung.
Our small village has become a classic example over the last 10-15 years especially.
As older residents pass away or move away in come the "yuppies " with their open chequebooks, kids off at boarding school and wives turning the local pubs into wags and wives gastro whatever and take over everything, no respect for how villages work whatsoever then get really snoty when confronted .
I have lived in the village for prettywell all my life so around 50 years , my parents lived here and my grandparents and great grandparents did , everyone repsected each other and life just flowed along, not now.
It's just another yuppy village where allmost all of the houses are now owned by Knobs basically , where did it all go wrong.

Last edited:
Greta Thunberg!!!

She looks like a muppet if you ordered it from Wish

Reactions: swisstony
Greta Thunberg!!!

She looks like a muppet if you ordered it from Wish

Jumped up little mouthy eco warrior. My wife has a list iof people who need a good punch and she is always at the top of the list. :)

Following on from my rant on couriers, another fine example I had recently. This time the combined ineptitude of both ParcelHero and Evri managed to outdo themselves in how ******* useless they could be. Needed to send a parcel down to family for xmas so as RM are striking, decided to use a courier. Used ParcelHero ( should be renamed ParcelZero ) to book a 2 day courier with Evri and collected. 19th December no-one showed up to collect the parcel and we were in all day. So instead of waiting my wife took the package to a local parcelshop and sent it 20th. 2 days is 22nd. Never arrives in time for xmas so query PH several times. Just get automated messages saying they will reply in 4 hours. Nothing. Family then goes away for a few days and Evri decide to deliver the 28th !! ******* 28th is nearly 9 days later you utter muppets. So I make my opinions felt on Trust pilot and all of a sudden they are contacting me, wanting more details etc.
Too late you cretins, you have messed up big time . Should have sent it by Royal Mail.

I have just stopped sending anything full stop, delivery times are so inaccurate now with any courier company and if you really read the micro small print T&C's they will have inserted a really cunning clause thats gets them off the hook.
All these firms handle millions of parcels a week, just say a few hundred drop of the radar they won't be worried.