head unit troubles....

karl.dunn

Reaction score
hi guys, just purchased a 2005 s line convertable and im trying to change to a alpine headunit with built in bluetooth .

theres so many different harness etc for it and i just dont no what one i need, believe some people have trouble getting power to the headunit, but some people have mentioned there is a direct lead and aerial lead package that i can get for it to work.

my car is fitted with audi concert headunit, when i turn it on it says bose, and the door speakers are also bose.

any links to the correct adapter lead would be a great help or just some words of wisdom!

i would keep the audi one if i was you, i up graded mine on my old motor to one with bluetooth and a dvd and yeah , it did look good and sound ok, BUT, i had nothing but problems with the thing after about a month, it was buzzing like mad, and the rear speekers (witch are amplified) was sort of popping, i got a so called direct fit adaptor from the audio fitters that fitted the thing for me while doing the ,,so called upgrade,
and when that one (witch cost me £35) stoped working after about a month as i have said,
i got one off the net, i googled it and a few poped up. that cost me £65.00 and did the same after about a year.
i could have got a bluetoorh kit for the money i spenton trying to sort my new fancy sterio out,

be cearfull mate,

This is the unit which i fitted last year, after alot of research etc this came out top, plus keeps in theme with the interior dash light colour.
These can be a pain to fit and also keep all the Bose system running sweet, this has a DVD and bluetooth built in, from what i can remember it states connect the blue wire to handbrake switch, if you do this the DVD will not work whilst driving neither will Phone, i did a few cuts and joins to enable this unit to run
DSC_0048.jpg