Max's Audi A3 2.0 TFSI Quattro S line

bootneck_max

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just got my self a 56 plate A3 2.0 tfsi quattro, fully standard at the moment, but wont be for long! Got plenty of plans for it! :)

Coming from New Zealand, I have pretty strong ties with Jap tuning! Some of you may hate it, but im sure a lot of you can appreciate it!

Just so you get my gist, here's my rx7 that i just sold :(

And i do have a pretty impressive spec list if you wanna see it?

And now my new addition....

As for my plans for it, im looking at going down the jap style route ..... a lot of may shreek at this....but i think its going to work! Not over the top! All very subtle!
All opinions welcome! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
​Hi, weome to ASN. Nice cars. Hope you enjoy the forum. :)

Jap style into an Audi... Should be interesting! Nice car though mate but I am a bit bias!

Welcome to the forum, there are lots of ideas on here and helpful people to help you along the way!

Nice new car mate, the old one looks like you'd spent a lot of time on it, so I expect that the audi will get well treated :wub: what kind of jap style mods do you have planned for it?

Welcome to ASN. Love the pics of your RX7 and can't wait to see what you have in store for your A3! Enjoy. :wub: xx

That RX7 has a proper engine bay! Not like our plastic ones :(

Cheers everyone!...

Yea the rx7 had a lovely engine bay! i would of driven around with the bonnet off it i was allowed!

Well for the a3, if i can find the right fitment, im gonna try and get myself some jap style wheels that have some nice dish! I really like the bbs style wheel on the audi, but its really common now! So really fancy going for a different approach! Maybe a tad Time attack? But with out the ridiculous rear wings!

wheels like this?
Rays%20-%20Volk%20TE%2037.jpg

images

I'm going to keep the kit thats on it now...but try adding a subtle front splitter and rear diffuser! Some decent coilovers aswell. The brakes seem really good anyway, so ill prob just upgrade the discs for some groved ones.

And as for the engine, I'm still deciding who to get all the engine tuning done with? Amd essex arent far from me, so was going to give them a try? Any recommendations?

Theres that black a3 on purple rotas lurking about already nah? rx7 is sweet, would love to own one someday but apparently they're a pain in the **** in regards to reliability. a jap influenced a3 sounds good though.

Theres that black a3 on purple rotas lurking about already nah? rx7 is sweet, would love to own one someday but apparently they're a pain in the **** in regards to reliability. a jap influenced a3 sounds good though.

Yea mate thats one of the reasons i got rid of it, sick of just waiting for the engine to blow up! and its not a matter of will it, its a matter of when! And if i fancied opening it up time to time, your looking at about 4mpg!! And for the engine to last longer it needs to revved high and lots!

Yea a jap influenced a3 should be nice and origional! i hope!