LED fog lights

Reaction score
I got a pair of LED fog light bulbs from T8ups (EM Tuning) who also does the LED interior lighting, and thought I'd show you all what they're like as I think they look much better than the original bulb.
If you get an error message on your dash when a fog bulb blows then you will need his resistor kit as well but as I don't I only needed the bulbs :D

LED fog bulb:

ledfogbulb2.jpg

ledfogbulb.jpg

LED bulb fitted in passenger side with original bulb in drivers to show the difference.

Ones with flash off and the other on:

2-5.jpg

1-5.jpg

They literally took me 5 minutes to fit, well worth it in my opinion.

Also, a little peak at my LED puddle lights :)

P1010521.jpg

P1010522.jpg

How did you do the puddle lights mate? Also inlike the headlights, where they from?

How did you do the puddle lights mate? Also inlike the headlights, where they from?

I bought a couple LED strips (15 LEDs per strip) from ebay for like £1.50 each, stuck them to the underside of the door and wired them in so they come on when you open the door. It's probably like a half hour job, if you knew where to wire it in before hand but as I had to find out for myself it took me a fair amount longer. The pictures don't do them justice, they are really bright, I bought 4 in total n was going to fit them under the dash like the newer audis have but they were way to bright for that so fitted them to my sisters corrado instead.

I bought the headlights years ago from a place near me called Rudie Mods who had a few sets on ebay, think i got them for about £160. They're called http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/87580-devil-eye-headlights.html
I have now retro fitted the xenons from the OEM headlights in them and look 10 times better.

being a whiter light, how do they compare to the original in terms of brightness? are they still bright enough or are they more now for looks than function?

Ebay less than a fiver a pair! Had mine a while now! There bright but not as bright as 55w bulbs!
But happy just for the looks!

FLW ........................... really don`t see the point of the fogs on the S3 they are all but useless in fog don`t seem to help in any way at all

FLW ........................... really don`t see the point of the fogs on the S3 they are all but useless in fog don`t seem to help in any way at all

Fogs aren't just there for you to see... they are also there so others can see you... fogs are only really designed to light up the edges of the road immediately in front of you so you can sorta see where the road is... even dip beam reflects back off fog and makes it near impossible to see anything so having any more light than they give is next to useless...

<tuffty/>

ive tried all combinations and see no benifit in them apart from anoying the hell out of other drivers as in 99% of cases they are used in the wrong conditions so brighter bulbs will only make this worst imo

being a whiter light, how do they compare to the original in terms of brightness? are they still bright enough or are they more now for looks than function?

They're not as bright as the original but they look a darn sight better and I find the fogs don't really do a lot anyway so not fussed if they're as bright or not.