what tyres do i need

ilim

Reaction score
Quick question, i got some bbs Ck's 19" rims and they have brand new 4x BF Goodrich G force profiler 235 35's 19's. I believe these might give me some problems with rubbing as the car is lowered on H&R springs. What tyres should i go for to minimize this?

Thanks

Ilim, get yourself some 225/35/19's. You won't have any rubbing issues with these. With your CK's, you will be running effectively the exact same set up as Martin is running with his Speedlines and his 4mm spacers on ATM (ie ET44 on 19" rims) and he has no rubbing at all. For most peeps rolling lowered on 19's with slightly lower offset, the solution is to go for 225's. :wub: xx

Reactions: MartayMcFly
Ilim, get yourself some 225/35/19's. You won't have any rubbing issues with these. With your CK's, you will be running effectively the exact same set up as Martin is running with his Speedlines and his 4mm spacers on ATM (ie ET44 on 19" rims) and he has no rubbing at all. For most peeps rolling lowered on 19's with slightly lower offset, the solution is to go for 225's. :wub: xx

How about 215s?? what makes the profile lower as i like thin tyres and would 11mm spacers be to much on them?

How about 215s?? what makes the profile lower as i like thin tyres and would 11mm spacers be to much on them?

If I were you I wouldn't put any spacers on as your offset is already low. You could go for 215's as your CK's are only 8" wide, but for handling (remember you are putting them on a mapped S3 with around 310BHP and I know you like to use each and every one of those BHP's wheverer you go, lol) and also for rim protection, I'd personally stick with 225's. It is however up to you, lol. If you put 11mm spacers on your new rims, you'd be rolling with an offset of ET33, which will bring you lots of rubbing IMO. :wub: xx

If I were you I wouldn't put any spacers on as your offset is already low. You could go for 215's as your CK's are only 8" wide, but for handling (remember you are putting them on a mapped S3 with around 310BHP and I know you like to use each and every one of those BHP's wheverer you go, lol) and also for rim protection, I'd personally stick with 225's. It is however up to you, lol. If you put 11mm spacers on your new rims, you'd be rolling with an offset of ET33, which will bring you lots of rubbing IMO. :wub: xx

haha i feed all the horses on every trip. i think ill go for 225s then, need these brand new ones sold asap.....

Mine are 225/35 on 8.5" wide wheels sitting at ET44, so you'd be safe down to ET38 on an 8" wide wheel. Also, like Paula's said, go for the 225 so you have a (very small) bit of protection left.

Mine are 225/35 on 8.5" wide wheels sitting at ET44, so you'd be safe down to ET38 on an 8" wide wheel. Also, like Paula's said, go for the 225 so you have a (very small) bit of protection left.

How would i know how wide mine are. Are the 8 or more?

How would i know how wide mine are. Are the 8 or more?

It'll say on the back of one of the spokes, stamped into the metal (or maybe raised a bit). Did you not know when you bought them how wide they'd be?

It says 19x8 ET44 in the ad, and don't think the 19x8.5 are very common. So stick with the 225s and I wouldn't go higher than a 6mm spacer... maybe get some 5mm ones? To be honest though, I'd say stick without them.

It says 19x8 ET44 in the ad, and don't think the 19x8.5 are very common. So stick with the 225s and I wouldn't go higher than a 6mm spacer... maybe get some 5mm ones? To be honest though, I'd say stick without them.

cheers mate, ill take ur advice.. Cheers for the help mate. What stage is your car at btw?

cheers mate, ill take ur advice.. Cheers for the help mate. What stage is your car at btw?

Of tune? It's got a map on it, but was on when I bought it so not sure which one... stage 1 though (317bhp, 295lbft).

how come ur putting out 317 with all ur mods? it should be higher

Don't ask me... was only expecting around +20 from the exhaust and maybe +10 from the intake so when it ran over 300 I was happy. It might not be mapped and might just be accounting for the exhaust really well.