opening this dam Bonnet help me please

Lings

Reaction score
Right my cars on low oil warning and basically had the AA muppets tell me it cant be sorted unless i go to Audi
this is rediculous this cars an 07 ,the bonnet catch will have been used about 50 times max and its now failed .the cable will not release the bonnet .I am completely stressed out with this as i cannot f/ing use the car !!!
i cant get my hand up under the engine bay as theres zero room .I cant even see the catch

please some one help me before i burn this pile of crap

I was looking for a newer Audi this has put me off owning this brand what a joke ,As i am not the only person whose had this problem searching the net !!All i can find is remove engine tray and get your arm in ? I cant get my finger in let alone arm ***

:(

Last edited:
I find it hard to open the bonnet and sometime I feel if I pull the handle to release the bonnet I may end up breaking it. However yesterday I lube the bit when it locks the bonnet,everything seems to fine and it opens much easier compare to before.

have someone pull on the bonnet handle and someone push hard down on the bonnet and it may well pop up. Have used this technique many a time with my old cars.

Yes I did it when its open. In your case it maybe hard but once you have a chance to open it,just lube the bit where it locks down the bonnet :)

AA did this for 20 minutes .No good

Oh :(
tnt__dynamite_by_fabiocralves-d3buh8u.png

Thats exactly what we want to do mate

Bank holiday ruined ! Thanks to crappy Audi ,Looks are great drives lovely ,Made up with cheap tat parts !!!!

Well you could try taking off the handle, getting hold of the bonnet cable with a pair of pliers and pulling it. The cable is likely to have stretched.

Its off ,me and the AA guy did that using mole grips ,You can here it moving about but it will not open the bonnet .
Is there any techs on here who have a fix without me having to cut the grille off .
Thanks for help chaps i have been trying to get this open since yesterday .Drove to Cov from Manchester with the low oil light on :(

well I just had a look at mine. if you got a long nozzle on the WD-40 can straight in the middle between the grill surround and bonnet and go nuts with it?

Its a long shot. but perhaps worth a try as the mechanism is there, you just cant see it as the bonnet slightly rolls over?

apart from that I'm out of ideas. :(

However mine could well differ slightly as mines facelift...but I'd try it anyhow.

You'd have thought Audi might have thought...hmmmm what would our lovely customers do if say....the bonnet cable was inoperative...and the bonnet actually had to be lifted...

although to be fair, it's all manufacturers guilty of this.

Dont think i will buy another Audi after this ,Tried to simply top oil up and cannot as the bonnet latch has failed ? What a joke as if it went bang duie to not being able to top oil up hows do Audi stand in law ?

Im writng a lettern to Audi UK this is a disgrace in my opinion ,Stuck in Manchester down to a simple obvious fault with there cheap ****e

steve, woosaaa mate, if i was close by i would had helped you and get it open one way or another, but only way thing i can think of is taking of the engine tray aswell.

Cheers mate
Its booked in on Tuesday to sort ,then i think its time for a change !
Not impressed at all with Audis