A3 170 quattro - flat as a fart !!

Tiger-G

Reaction score
Hi chaps,

I've just bought a 2009 A3 170 quattro sportback sport 5 door and had the chance to give it it's first proper thrashing today. Although the handling was great, and comfort levels and "poshness" are new to me, I couldn't believe the fact that it was as flat as a fart !!

My second last car was an Impreza Prodrive, and my last car was a VW Golf 150 GT TDI. The Golf felt torquey and pulled at all revs in all gears. The A3 in comparison, just feels flat. There's no torque and it takes an age for the needle to get round the rev counter :(

First of all does this sound normal ?? Am I expecting too much from a car that has a four wheel drive system and extra weight sapping the power ?? Does it sound like a faulty Maf ??

And because of my disappointment, I've been checking the forum and the net for info on chipping and remaps. It sounds exactly what this car needs. It nees an extra 30bhp, but more importantly it needs a load more torque !!

I know you guys get sick of talking about remaps and chips, but any advice on who to go with and what to get done safely, would be warmly received.

Cheers,
Graeme.

Thats funny as the guy where i work just bought the same car on an 11 plate and he said the same, and he came from driving a 130bhp golf mk4 which he said was quicker. I havnt been out in it yet but it sounds flat from what he says. He says his one wont suffer with the dpf problems as earlier ones which can cause problems if you dont clear them out and thrash em. A remap will get you back to power and no wheelspin as quattro unlike the fwd.