Wiper Problem

kite

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I've had a search but nothing come up.
I have recently had to free off my wiper spindles, wipers now run but I have a small problem and wonder if anyone else has had this.

my wipers now go down slighty before sweeping up.
I have tried resetting the arms but it still happens.
Do you think the mech is set wrong.
I have looked for a basic setting with VCDS but can't see anything.

all comments welcome.....

I had this on my b5. I undone the linkage from the motor and let the motor do a few sweeps without the linkage attached, then made sure the linkage was set perfectly. All fixed.

looks like its got to come out again then ?

define "reset"... are you taking the arm off the spindle and then pushing it back up a few notches up?

Take the arms off, run the wipers and let them park. Then reattach the wipers in the park position where you want them and you should be ok.

Tried that James, I think the mechanism is slightly out.
Looks like it got to come out again.

Sounds like the arm that's on the motor is in the wrong position. You need to loosen it off. Operate the motor and let it stop in it's park position then re fit the arm. Will be trial and error till you get it in the right place.

Sounds like the arm that's on the motor is in the wrong position. You need to loosen it off. Operate the motor and let it stop in it's park position then re fit the arm. Will be trial and error till you get it in the right place.

Yeah I think that's the problem.
I'll take it out and adult the mechanism next weekend...if it's dry..

Just a little tip, once the linkage is 100% correct mark its position and you will never have these issues again.

Just to close the thread.
The mechanical was slightly out.
Took 2 go's to get it right.

I'm pleased you got it sorted .