A4 Sat Nav Questions

AjM

Living in Blissful Ignorance
Reaction score
Hi,
I am the proud owner of a 3L v6 TDI A4 Avant on a 06 plate. It has MFSW Sat Nav and BT with voice activated do dars and stuff. How do i know which model RNS I have? It has a dvd player and TV etc built in but I can't get it to work and in the glove box I have a 6 disc changer and an IPOD lead, but I can't get that to work either. Also when i select reverse (it has front and rear sensors if it makes a diff) the stereo doe not quiet down, can this be done?
Thanks

Ant

The system will be the RNS-E

The units do not play DVD videos, only DVD navigation and CD's (also with MP3's on the CD)

The TV function will not be there unless TV is fitted, haveing the CD/TV button does not mean you have TV, also they were only ever fitted with analogue tuners, so if it is there chances are by now it won't work without a new digital TV tuner upgrade.

Ipod Lead / CD changer, well in general they share the same interface so I would guess that your CD changer has been disconnected and the Ipod lead is now in place, hard to tell without checking.

The parking system does not and never has muted the stereo in the B6/B7 A4's, only in the later B8 model did they introduce the lowering of the stereo volume with reverse selection.

Thanks, so the cd changer must be plugged in then, so just need to swap that over, cool.
The TV does not bother me but it says in the instructions it does play dvds so why doesn't it?

Is there a way to get the radio to mute or quiet down then? It seems a bit silly on a £45k car that it doesn't when my old A2 on a y plate did?

I have read the RNS-E manual, it doesn't say it plays DVD's at all, it reads DVD navigation disks and plays CD's with MP3 or normal audio tracks.

Did your A2 have factory fit parking sensors? I have never seen radio muting/quieting sensors on an Audi until 2007/8 with the A5 and then onwards and I've worked on thousands of Audis over the past 8 years with all sorts of options and configurations.

as above you need extras to play dvd tv etc
and nope it wont mute the sound in reverse
no idea why your a2 did it

I just remebered that I made the A2 do it!! But it did it on my Octavia and my Golf and both of those cars were 56 and 54 plate and wern't even £24k. Seems very rubbish... DVD does not bother me, must have misread the book then.

So can it be done, a wire from the parking sensor light above the radio to a spare tel mute? I know it can be done from reverse light but the light on the dash comes on with any of the sensors not just reverse.

I have an A2, parking sensors being fitted this weekend, so I will be running a mute wire from them to the radio, but I susepct it may say TELEPHONE when reversing.

Bump, someone must have done it?

so I will be running a mute wire from them to the radio, but I susepct it may say TELEPHONE when reversing.

lol, made me chuckle, so does it say telephone :)