how far....

murran

Reaction score
..... can you drive once the dis says youve got "0" miles left? driven home from work the 4 miles with it on "0". just wondering if anyone had ever tested it?

got a '97 1.6 se.

Think you've got around 2 gallon left when the light comes on

the light seems to come on when the dis says 30 miles left. its now reading 0 still with the light on.

On my car when I first got it I done about 30 miles from when my dis displayed 0 and that was only because I was in the middle of nowhere

I dared to go with the light on on my old b5 audi quattro and gues what, drove about 5 or 6 miles then i ran out of fuel ! The quattro diesels have a in-built safety cut-off so they don't run dry as they're such a pain to bleed afterwards !

im guna fill up a can and see how far it goes. im curious like that.

Id say you would probably get around 5-10 miles i did around that yesterday and as i got to the fuel station it was slightly under the first bar so pretty much empty but never actually tried to see how far you can go.

My S4 managed 6 miles before cutting out, I'd just rolled into the Fire station yard as I was responding to my alerter. Couldn't of timed it any better if i'd of tried!

I drove from Bridgend to Swansea with my DIS reading Zero. I think about 25 miles? in the S4

i chickened out monday morning and put a tenner in it! knowing my luck it would have cut out in an arkward place.

I've managed 15miles on the motorway with the DIS showing 0, and only managed to fit 56L of fuel into the tank.

The tank capacity is 60L, so it would have probably gone a bit further.