newbie and problems already

boothy

Reaction score
hi all just bought my first audi and decided on a a3 2.0 tdi and have problems already after a couple of weeks.

1. speedo has stopped working.
2. airbag light come on
3. traction control warning light on after abou 10 mins (believe the dreaded abs pump after reading online)
4. intermitant unlock on the fob not working

if and one has any ideas on any of the above and maybe any cheap fixes that would be great.

i have noticed that the drivers seat has 2 plugs in the floor but on the passenger side only 1 is pluged in maybe this could be a problem with the airbag. anyone that has a code reader near bordon hampshire that would be willing to help would be great i will travel locally if anyone can help.

thanks

unfortunatly so really gutted as love the car and just want it sorted just unlucky as it was all fine when i bought it.

is the car hpi clear. they sound like problems from a accident damaged car to me

it was on the one i did maybe unrecorded. not best pleased id so. although would have thought if it was the airbag light would be on from the start??

does anyone know where i can find a diagnostics program that is relatively easy to use. ones on ebay only seem to go to 2004???

hi all just bought my first audi and decided on a a3 2.0 tdi and have problems already after a couple of weeks.

1. speedo has stopped working.
2. airbag light come on
3. traction control warning light on after abou 10 mins (believe the dreaded abs pump after reading online)
4. intermitant unlock on the fob not working

if and one has any ideas on any of the above and maybe any cheap fixes that would be great.

i have noticed that the drivers seat has 2 plugs in the floor but on the passenger side only 1 is pluged in maybe this could be a problem with the airbag. anyone that has a code reader near bordon hampshire that would be willing to help would be great i will travel locally if anyone can help.

thanks

Buy an OBDII cable on ebay (£15) & then download VCDS lite from the Ross Tech site it's free & much better than a code reader.

Buy an OBDII cable on ebay (£15) & then download VCDS lite from the Ross Tech site it's free & much better than a code reader.

That won't help as VCDS lite won't work with a CAN bus car like the 8P A3.

as above you really need it scanning for codes
airbag light could be the common under seat puld failes very easy fix
speedo a sensor
tractioc light a abs sensor
but really need the codes