Headlight Removal

BtownA3

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just a quick one, On a Non Face Lift 8L A3 for headlight removal does the bumper have to come off as i have read confliciting information and If possible im trying to avoid taking the bumper off - I have read the workshop manual and that seems to suggest that you can remove the Headlights by sliding them out and that they are not secured with the screw that is hidden behind the bumper ?...

Anyone got a 100% answer for this ?

Got some New Headlights that I need to fit and don't want to be rolling around with a bumper off with cr@p weather.

All help as always much appreciated

I took my bumper off, you fitting facelift headlights?

Got some Angel Eye's that im dropping in - Service Manual says they should slide out but everyone else says bumper off....

If you've got the two piece headlight then i believe you can remove the indicator which then allows you to get to the bolt on the side of the headlight, then theres just the two screws on top and it should just slide out.

If you've got the two piece headlight then i believe you can remove the indicator which then allows you to get to the bolt on the side of the headlight, then theres just the two screws on top and it should just slide out.

Excellent... If the weather Holds out I might give it a whirl tonight after work

100% - you don't need to remove the bumper on the pre-facelift A3s. I've done it.

I can't remember exactly how to do it, but you will need to slide out the indicator.

Liam

I did however forget that I would have to cut the wing!... ***... Anyone in the Sussex area that has done the facelift mod and cut the wing before ? I would be willing to pay you in beer and pictures of some birds shagging?

I think its pretty simple, I'm sure theres a guide out there somewhere. If you're fitting facelift lights then you will have to remove the bumper to fit that lower bolt. You don't have to completely remove it though. Just undo the bolts in the wheel arch and you should be able to tilt it down enough to get that lower bolt in.

I think its pretty simple, I'm sure theres a guide out there somewhere. If you're fitting facelift lights then you will have to remove the bumper to fit that lower bolt. You don't have to completely remove it though. Just undo the bolts in the wheel arch and you should be able to tilt it down enough to get that lower bolt in.

Im pretty handy and Brave, But I dont think im brave enough to start cutting wings :S

Are the connections the same on both headlights?

Have found a mate of mine that has an Air Saw and Huge Pair of balls that I trust who is going to cut the small section out for me this week... Will get some pics up of the Angel Eyes once they are in... Even with them sticking out a bit last night they still look pretty good - Update the look of car by about 5 years I would say

I did my headlight facelift a year ago took me 2 months to get me head round doing it, i used metal cutters and a hack saw then filed it smooth, bit of black paint and you cant see it, i got a3 copys £90 for both brand new, they look the bees kness and have put 6000k hids in woooo :arco:

Me and a Mate with an Air Saw are fitting the Lights tonight Will get some pics of the total process and Fingers crossed we wont run into any problems.