VCDS in Leicestershire Area?

Nam1

Reaction score
Hi,
Wondering if anyone has access to VCDS in Leics area - need help with deciphering / resetting fault code on my car - have posted the code issue before but without any success.
The code appeared after all the (multitronic) gearbox digits in the dashboard started flashing. Car drives normally. Also had trnsmission fluid changed by dealers recently, again they gave the transmission and car a clean bill of health.

Using a basic diagnostic tool so unable to retrieve any more data or clear and reset. Any help greatly appreciated.

The code is - 01119 (under ABS) & 01798 (under Auto Trans) with following explanation on Ross website, so suspect its either ABS sensor or loose connection. Just need a definitive answer and be able to pinpoint the fault.

Code 01119
Signal
for speed detection
and Gear Recognition Signal
Additional info on the error codes. intermittent

Possible symptoms:
ABS light is on

Possible causes:
Wiring and / or connections faulty

Possible solutions:
Check / repair wiring and connections

Additional info:
When found in Brake Electronics, check the Transmission Control Module (TCM) for errors.

Following code also appears under auto transmission:

Error Code: 01798
com switch for interior lock (E286), rear center, lock
Switch for interior locking rear center (E286), LOCK
and Rear / Center Central Locking Switch (E286), LOCK
Additional info on the error codes. intermittent

Possible symptoms:
unknown

Possible causes:
Wiring and / or connections faulty
E286 defect

Possible solutions:
Check / repair wiring and connections
Check (measured value blocks) / replace E286

Last edited:
With all respect given the issues at hand, it could take a while to track it down & thus I dont think calling on a member numerous times is going to get you far, why not invest in vcds yourself, that way you can monitor & test to your hearts desire whenever you like.

Apologies, from the reviews I've read on here, I was under the misapprehension that these were sophisticated tools which were capable of diagnosing faults that other basic diagnostics tools were not likely to pick up. I geniunely have no intention of wasting a fellow member's time. Would be happy to compensate someone for their time / effort.

If its a case of trial and error, I could start with the obvious ones - ABS sensor, etc.

Also assumed that there was so much experience on here that someone may have come across a similar issue and from all the other posts I've read there is a willingness by members to help / advise where they can.

My point was, you could spend quite a few hours tracking the issues down that some members may not be able to give you, from my experience, members are very helpful, but asking someone to spend half a day on tracking down your issues or various occasions is few & far between, lets be honest, scanning a car in say 10 minutes, coding a feature maybe 20 mins, is completely different to asking someone to potentially spend hours helping you find an issue, which I have done myself & willingly do when I have time & its convenient, which leads me to my other point.

My other point I was trying to make which you didnt pickup on, was, if you want to have the flexibility to be able to spend as much time on the diagnosis as possible, then why not invest in vcds yourself so you are free to use whenever you feel like, rather than having the time constraints a helpful member may also have in there window to help you, overall I was also hinting if you're prepared to pay someone for there time which could amount to hours, then why not make the investment in the tool itself, no disrespect to other members, but its a no brainer to think whats the best route to spend your money on.

No you wernt misinformed mate, vcds is very powerful in diagnosing these types of issues which is why I suggested you look into owning the system yourself.

Hi,
To be honest I did pick up on your point, no doubt at some point will end up spending the money on one. Having owned the car for about 6 months and spent loads on fixing oil pump / pick arm / oil sensor / cambelt & water pump / oil service / transmission oil change / aircon regas as well as 2 new tyres - to name a few. Investing in VCDS is not something i could afford to do at present. The fault codes suddenly appearing after all this necessitated requesting help.

I understand your frustrations, but IMHO its still your best option, as you can pay someone whatever they are asking which still is a cost maybe used wisely elsewhere, but at the end of the day, they will walk away with vcds & you maybe none the wiser fella & back to square one, anyway just an opinion, good luck.