Best mods for the money what would you do ?

P80RSY

Reaction score
Hi all,

New to the Audi car scene and about to start modding the car,

2008 facelift A3 140TDI in white.

It came with a few extras, bluetooth, parking sensors, ipod dock, phone prep armrest.( missing flat bottom steering wheel and LED headlights ). I have had the wheels powder coated and had cruise retro fitted.

So I'm not new to the modding game but wondered what other peoples opinions where when coming to spend say 2k, what would be the list of the best mods to an A3 140TDI for the money.

Thanks

I have thought about what i want,

Been in contact with wicked coating to have some parts carbon dipped.

Not sure who to use for mapping ?? Had Revo S2+ on MK5 GTI and worked very well but who has the reputation for mapping the TDI ???

I'm a bit lost with the RNS so many versions is E the newest model with the LED screen and where would be the best place to buy ?

With lowering I have seen 2 drops available with H&R springs, but what is the ride like on H&R biggest drop (50mm) or is this just poor adverts when in fact all the springs lower the same ammount ???

I don't know who are the reputable company's to use with the A3.

I would say I found MK5GTI layout for pics good as they have it split into color threads so you can view other cars in the same color withough going through a lot of pictures that most of the time don't inspire you

Just looking for some advice based on experience.

I just picked up a 2012 A3 TDI and am equally interested in tuning information. I emailed Superchip and Malone. Id like to have it with a flash tool. any suggestions would be welcomed.

All your questions have been fully covered before. :thumbsup: This forum has a huge wealth of information in its archives, You can use this Search engine to help you find specific topics.

I'd agree with moag, maybe exhaust and remap, then coilovers, spacers, and my11 rears. Keep a bit by just in case your clutch starts slipping. If not, with what you'll have left over you can use for other ideas that will no doubt creep into your head. There are loads of different opinions on the remaps, it all depends on taste really. The main ones are revo, shark, and superchips. They all have handheld devices. I'd go for one close to you, so you can always pop in to have any issues sorted. Just have a good read, and decide what's best for you. Good luck. And get some pics up!

While I appreciate the search and you will find advice - I have not found much for a 2012 TDI tuning.

Feel free to post links to any threads covering tuning a 2012 Audi TDI.

Here are my findings so far.

1) Superchip has no tune w/ handheld device for a 2012 TDI.
2) Malone has no tune at present either, something about the fact that some 2012 ECUs have encryption.
3) Revo indicates they have a tune but the website does not specify a hand held device. I have written them / awaiting a response.
4) Shark, I will look into.

To the OP I'd retrofit what your obviously missing, the FBSW and Xenons, which you can do yourself with not too much effort. Or get someone to do the headlights and then fit the FBSW yourself. If you buy well you can do that for about £1200-1300 including fitting, Check with member itwasntme187 for fitting depending on where your based (He's based in South East but I think he can travel to you or NHN).

The xenon's will require headlights £400-500 used including bulbs etc, FBSW I've seen for £350-£400 including airbag, you will also need steering wheel module if yours isn't multifunctional say £50 for that and a slip ring £25 for that. Then headlight leveling sensors £150, Using lower figures that's about £1000 + fitting costs.

Then I'd go for a remap (£199-£400) wouldn't bother with a clutch unless yours starts to slip. I'm not quite sure what you can do with the CR engine best to call tuners directly or your 2nd guessing tbh. Eibach Speedline springs, alignment and fitting £300 from AMD tuning

My 2p

I have a 2011 A3 sportback and have quite a lot of mods to do in the pipeline.When you do ur xenon lights you should definetly upgrade your fogs to phillips diamond visions .Once you do that you can also turn all ur interior and Number plate lights into LED's ,then you will have no yellow lights left in ur car :)