Forge dump valve off??

Wilts

Reaction score
Ive got a forge resirc dv on my a3 turbo but i wanna take it off but it has 3 pipes that go to it so what do i do with them?

Ive got a forge resirc dv on my a3 turbo but i wanna take it off but it has 3 pipes that go to it so what do i do with them?

As in remove altogether? don't... put simply... you will break the turbo... you need a dump valve..

<tuffty/>

if you want to remove do so
BUT replace with oem

Ok cheers guys il sort a oem one at some point!!

A friend of mine has a mk4 golf push 280bhp at the wheels and he has no dv, just plugged the ends off and the turbo chatters like a gooden' I don't think this is health I'd deffo keep a dv!

So why do you want to remove it mate?

Meh.

Easiest solution if you want to remove it, is to cut 2 1'' bits of the end of a wooden broom. Use these to plug the two 1' holes, and a small bolt to plug the TIP hole.

Enjoy the flutter noise until your turbo dies :)

Just get a cone filter, you'll hear it more? tbh removing a good product will cost you more in the long run.. instead of doing something that can potentially harm your car, do things that will help it..

For all you others thanks for ya input as i said in welcome area i dont know audis at all so i will leave it on and greatfull for the positive input rather than the 1 negative whos a funny man.

Don't take it to heart dude... we see a lot of n00bs asking the same question... you aren't to know of course as its all new to you (we were all there once lol)

I'll pre-empt another question I know you will ask at some point... BOV's or atmospheric valves are not suitable for the 20v either... this is due to the way the ECU measures all the air coming into the engine and fuels accordingly... BOV's release metered air to atmos and the fuelling the ECU thinks is right then becomes rich which leads to misfires and stalling of the engine... some people will tell you that they have had no problems with one fitted... all I will say to that is peoples perception of 'no problems' varies immensely...

Anyhoo... there is a wealth of info on here and generally a search will help find stuff as will a look through the sticky threads... if the search is a little too vague then use Googles site: search phrase (site:http://www.audi-sport.net search words) as Google are fairly good at indexing the site

<tuffty/>

i put a jetex cone on my S3 last week you can hear alot more turbo noise now might be an idea and safer too

Sorry about my comments mate, granted we were all in your position at one point.

The engine will perform and run a lot better with a decent diverted valve :)

Get yourself a 007p, decent filter and turbo intake pipe and you'll soon hear a new noise to fall in love with ;)

I too love turbo chatter but unfortunately as tuffty has pointed out, these engines don't like atmospheric valves :(

Sorry once again fella, feel the love :D

Peace!

Dibdub1

Coz i like the chatter more.

mr-t-pity-fools.jpg

Reactions: Wilts
Hi dude, have you tried the inlet porting mod? Im sure itl be easily found on here! only requires a bag of sand ;)

Good luck with removing the DV.

Lol cheers guys i wasnt taking it to heart but i am 30 not alittle div with his first car lol, i maybe took it wrong way due to the fact ive signd upto 5 audi forums before i wanted to settle for this1 and they all wer ****ty and didnt make ya feel welcome lol ive always been on good forums over the years with good banta, as for dv il leave it on and ive got a carbon pipe goin down behind headlight with a piperX filter on and i can only hear the whooosh sound lol.

I just fitted an Evmos Induction kit and the flutter sounds cool. Got a TIP to fit but haven't yet.
Will that make more boost ie, more noise?

I just fitted an Evmos Induction kit and the flutter sounds cool. Got a TIP to fit but haven't yet.
Will that make more boost ie, more noise?

flutter is a non functional DV
Advise is to fix that... whether you think it sounds cool or not, it should not flutter.. Woosh, yes.. more boost more woosh if thats what you are after... and yes open induction kits will Woosh more.

flutter however is not a good thing to have.

flutter is a non functional DV
Advise is to fix that... whether you think it sounds cool or not, it should not flutter.. Woosh, yes.. more boost more woosh if thats what you are after... and yes open induction kits will Woosh more.

flutter however is not a good thing to have.

I think above ^^^ is the easiest to understand and best answer to your question your ever going to get!!!!!

badger5 answer = 5/5! even i understood it!

Yeah i guess mine is more of a woosh than a pigeon stuck under my bonnet!
Mine has an upgraded recirc fitted.