Part number required

K2000

Reaction score
Evening All,

After much searching i have come to the conclusion that this is the rear bumper diffuser (just the lower section) that i need, hopefully someone can confirm that i'm correct and also the part number so i can order one from audi:

CAR: 2.0T QUATTRO (NOT SURE IF THAT MAKES ANY DIFFERENCE) WILL NEED THE TWIN EXHAUST CUT OUT VERSION.
3 DOOR
2005 MODEL WITH REAR BUMP STRIPS TOWARDS THE TOP OF THE BUMPER (SINGLE GRILL MODEL) S-LINE

Genuine Audi S3 8P OEM Complete Rear Bumper 3 Door A3 S Line | eBay

I think this version will mean that i will not 'loose' the tailpipes into the diffuser.

Thanks in advance.

You will not be able to fit an s3 diffuser straight onto a bumper with the strips on the top, plus even of you could this looks awful and taky doesnt give you the same s3 look,just buy the s3 rear bumper complete and sell on the one you have.

If your car has the rub strip in the bumper then that diffuser (S3) will not fit it without loads of modding and messing about, and even then I don't think it'll fit all that well anyway.
To fit that diffuser and for it to look right you'll need an s3 or s-line bumper without the rub strip.

EDIT: Yep, what he^^^^ said.

If your car has the rub strip in the bumper then that diffuser (S3) will not fit it without loads of modding and messing about, and even then I don't think it'll fit all that well anyway.
To fit that diffuser and for it to look right you'll need an s3 or s-line bumper without the rub strip.

EDIT: Yep, what he^^^^ said.
the lower part of the s3 bumper will fit the bumper with the rub strip it clips straight on have the the mod on my sport back and have seen it on 3drs aswell someone on here will have a part number.

Last edited by a moderator:
Am sorry but thats doesn't look no where near as good as a proper s3 bumper that is smooth without a strip, 3 door models do require modding to fit on the rear bumper not a straight clip on and Like top picture shows doesn't give the same effect. Just my 2ps worth.

Am sorry but thats doesn't look no where near as good as a proper s3 bumper that is smooth without a strip, 3 door models do require modding to fit on the rear bumper not a straight clip on and Like top picture shows doesn't give the same effect. Just my 2ps worth.
i didnt want to fit the whole s3 rear bumper it would have ment i would have to change the front as well at a cost to buy both bumpers and paintwork was around £600 as for the look it horses for courses i think.

No need to change front if you have s3 rear it makes the rear end look so much newer and upto date, but hey thus just my opinion.

No need to change front if you have s3 rear it makes the rear end look so much newer and upto date, but hey thus just my opinion.
i wouldnt put a s3 rear on and leave the front with the rub strips on i would have to have a pair the same had thought about doing both but to much cost involved at present.

Evening All,

After much searching i have come to the conclusion that this is the rear bumper diffuser (just the lower section) that i need, hopefully someone can confirm that i'm correct and also the part number so i can order one from audi:

CAR: 2.0T QUATTRO (NOT SURE IF THAT MAKES ANY DIFFERENCE) WILL NEED THE TWIN EXHAUST CUT OUT VERSION.
is thi
s DOOR
2005 MODEL WITH REAR BUMP STRIPS TOWARDS THE TOP OF THE BUMPER (SINGLE GRILL MODEL) S-LINE

Genuine Audi S3 8P OEM Complete Rear Bumper 3 Door A3 S Line | eBay

I think this version will mean that i will not 'loose' the tailpipes into the diffuser.

Thanks in advance.
is this the look you have in mind

is this the look you have in mind

Thanks for all the replys, to be honest it i've read through so many different threads its hard to tell which ones which. I agree to change the whole bumper at the moment is not really an option as i would then have to change the front one and also the front grill and also i would feel the need to upgrade the intercooler (probably to a ths or apr one) as that upgrade requires the bumper to be off.
Anyway they are plans for the future, for now I just want the bottom valance that requires no/minimal modifications to fit, something like the above would do nicely i think as long as i don't loose the tailpipes. Otherwise it seems an s-line one would be the other option, anyone got any pics?

I have an s line diffuser from a 3 door if your interested pm me It will be a lot cheaper than an s3 one. Then in future when you wana put smooth bumpe on just go for the complete s3 one.

I have an s line diffuser from a 3 door if your interested pm me It will be a lot cheaper than an s3 one. Then in future when you wana put smooth bumpe on just go for the complete s3 one.

This could definitely be an option, wouldn't let me send a pm (think it required me to make my 15th post), i'm going to try to find some pictures now to see what they look like.

Well you have now made your 15th post so pm me for a price, gaurentee you will be happy with the price lol you can have it sent to you this week lol