new car faults, urgent advice needed

mumra

Reaction score
Ok.... I have a 1.9tdi sport multitronic, bought 3 weeks ago from a dealer. Got a warning light so took it to Audi for a health check and it has the following probs:

Needs new gearbox ecu
Rear shocks are leaking so need replacing
Water coolant sensor needs replacing as not working
Spring missing in rear wiper, New one needed

Ok well I took it back to the dealer and they said fine, so in it is now for getting fixed or so I thought. They've just said that the warranty I got is only up to 500 but are making the difference up on the gearbox but aren't going to do the rest.

Where do I stand? Tbh I'm not too happy as I don't expect to pay the better part of 6k only to then need to fork out another 700 to put the problems right. The dealer even had the cheek to say its normal for shocks to have misty leaks..really?!. I'm no mechanic but I definitely wasn't born yesterday.

All advice and help welcomed

CTS and wiper are £30 each roughly.

If they're covering the gearbox thats good, but they ought to cover the shocks too really.

I'm not familiar with the Sale of goods act, but I'd do some googling and see where you stand about returning the car if they refuse.

Cheers for the swift response. Tbh I'm happy to sort the little bits, this includes new disks all round that I didnt mention here, but if they won't do the shocks they can keep the car. Looking at the cab website and chatting to a mate, the 500 warranty they gave ain't worth the paper its written on.

Any extended warranty of any kind is a waste of money. When I use to run a busy auto centre we was an authorised AA centre and all the warranty company's and they are as slippery as a snake in the grass they will wriggle out of paying if they can. Also the owner has to pay for the diagnosis as warranty company's do not cover that

Any extended warranty of any kind is a waste of money. When I use to run a busy auto centre we was an authorised AA centre and all the warranty company's and they are as slippery as a snake in the grass they will wriggle out of paying if they can. Also the owner has to pay for the diagnosis as warranty company's do not cover that

Yep I noticed the dealer was slippery with accepting what I said. He couldn't really argue with me though as it was the Audi garage just up the road from him who done the full health check and they should know their own motors

You have a minimum of 3mth warranty BY LAW as the vehicle is not fit for purpose they either have to repair it or give you a FULL refund you should be paying NOTHING if they will not repair it for nothing say fair enough will see you in court YOU WILL WIN they will have court costs ontop. The problem is a lot of people will not take on car dealers and in this case the LAW IS ON YOUR SIDE don't take any crap tell them as it is

yes as above your car is basically broke and therefore under the sale of goods act not fit for purpose . the dealer does not have a leg to stand on in court .if i was you i would return it and demand all my money back tell them you have lost confidence in the car and them as a dealership