Battery issue - radio

w18kev

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Looking for a little help / advice.

Recently the battery on my S3 has been going flat. I thought it may have been a dodgy battery so got a brand new one. Again, found that if left for over 3 days it would go flat.

Upon investigation today I have found that the fuse F19 under the bonnet which is for the radio and sound system is drawing around 2.5 amps, when the key is out, engine off and radio off! Has anyone had this problem or know of any reason why it would draw 2.5A?

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

if you have any upgraded radio I'm led to believe you have to use VCDS to deactivate something on the radio...just can't quite remember at the second!

something to do with it being canbus etc

If you have the RNS-E Sat Nav then it does continue to draw power for a long time after the engine is turned off and key removed before eventually shutting down completely.

Have you got bluetooth? If so the unit could be faulty as mine is currently faulty and draining battery. I've just unplugged it for now until i can source a newer module.

As already stated, disconnect some systems & see if the draw drops, there you have your answer, if you need a new BT or RNS, give me a shout as I hold these in stock.