Vinyl wrapped B pillars

lgooch

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Paint has flaked off the drivers B Pillar so I thought I would wrap them. One large sheet of vinyl wrap later

They are back on the car with the vinyl in the bin

I never thought it would be so hard. Looks likes am destined for a trip to Halfrauds for some rattle cans and matt lacquer

Whoever can wrap a full car deserves all the money they earn. I bet it is really difficult

I was hoping for some wrapped pics. :sob:

So was I but I just lost my patience with them. Far too tricky for me but then again I am the type of person who would rather fit a new kitchen than paint a wall.

In the end they are getting sprayed.

So was I but I just lost my patience with them. Far too tricky for me but then again I am the type of person who would rather fit a new kitchen than paint a wall.

In the end they are getting sprayed.

Good luck with the paint, I'm going to attempt to wrap them and the little triangles on the sportback rear doors as well as the interior trims when I get chance.

here is some of mine ;)
08042011061.jpg

08042011056.jpg

Far better job than I did on mine. I got the front bit flat but when I folded it round the sides it all just creased due to the curvature of the front.

Far better job than I did on mine. I got the front bit flat but when I folded it round the sides it all just creased due to the curvature of the front.
did you use a heat gun or a hair dryer to heat the wrap because it becomes more flexable once warmed up a bit

thats why it turned out wrong then
you need heat to get it round bends
what vinyl did you use ?

In my experience if you don't use heat gun,it seems to come off easier and will start peeling off soon.

Arrghh. I went to spray them this afternoon and all the primer bubbled and then peeled off when I went to flat it. It ended up coming off like chewing gum.

Anyone had these powder coated ?

Mate just go on the bay and look for some genuine carbon fibre ones. Your wasting your money on cheap shortcuts... I'll post the link for the carbon fibre pillars. You have a three door or five door?

or leave your covers with me and I will wrap them for you if you get the vinyl, let me know igooch

I just bought some 3M gloss black vinyl off eBay for a tenner, pm me if you want me to do it when you get some vinyl.

If you paint or vinyl, always sand them down or it will show through. You can probably get the MY11 ones which are gloss black. Might be a bit pricey though.

I have managed to paint them now. Not a brilliant finish but hey ho the cars 5 years old and peppered with stone chips and scratches from supermarket car parks.