wheel housing splash guard replacement guide and rust/corrosion tip!!

James TQ

Reaction score
so i decided to replace the wheel housing/protector in the arch above the wheel as the bottom of the bumper kept detaching and popping to the side. the corrosion prevention bit came when i took the panel of, there was loads on wet mud and leaves caught up and packed in at the bottom so even if you don't need to replace the part it would be wise to take half a hour to remove all this. just need to remove the 3 screws and the panel will pull forward enough to get to it!

replacing the panel was very straight forward, there was around 8 screws to remove, then transfer the 2 clips from the bottom of the old one and slot the thing into place.

i didn't need to take the wheel off but my car isnt lowered, it would of been 10 times easier with the wheel off though!

the old one.
IMG_1290.jpg

once removed, this is what was packed in! below the leaves is mud and acorns!
IMG_1292.jpg

more than i thought!
IMG_1294.jpg

old&new
IMG_1293.jpg

the clips that need to be carried over.
IMG_1295.jpg

the new splash guard lined up and bolted back.
IMG_1298.jpg

No way they quoted me £48 + vat for the S3 version because of the vent in it.

Chris.

get one of the a3s and a stanley blade? = one vent lol?

That was what I was thinking as the vent is ok so I may just bond it in if the liner fits.

remove the old one once you get the new one and just line the vent up and score it onto the new one? if there the same sahpe you can taleys make new holes for the screws?