Audi Audio Concert 2 No sound on the left.

audia38l1

Reaction score
Dearest Guys, Yes. I understand it's almost time for me to purchase another audio system as the original Audi Audio Concert 2 is aging so much (fading buttons). To be honest, the system needed to be replaced. But before I do that, have you guys experienced the scenario where the audio only can be heard from the right side of the speakers? But then after a while (without touching anything), the left side of the speaker suddenly works again? Is the problem originated from the Audio system or the speakers? Could that be fixed? Thanks

Is it the Bose system or non Bose? (has the subwoofer in the boot got one speaker or two?)
The Bose amp does suffer from dry solder joints on older models which gives you intermittant sound which improves once the unit has warmed up. This can be rectified by reflowing the PCB inside the amp.
Is it the whole of the left side or fronts or rears?

Thanks Andy. Mine is just a basic audio system without the bose amp. The whole left side just doesn't have sound from the speaker but then after a while it would have no problem... Is this a head unit faulty?

Sounds like it might be as the fronts are driven off the HU internal amp and the rears off a tiny amp inside the tupperware sub, so would be very unlikely for both to be faulty. Have you pulled the HU and checked the wiring hasn't been butchered by a previous owner fitting an aftermarket unit?