RNS-E MK2 - Engineering Mode

Cruiser89

Advanced In Car Tech
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Wondering if anyone can help.

Im trying to access the engineering mode of my MK2 RNSe so that I can get some hi-res screenshots for a little project Im doing (all will be revealed soon).

I can get into on my old MK1 RNSe by hitting NAV > Hold top left above knob for 5 sec > Let Go > Hold Top Right for 5 Sec. Problem is, the screen resolution on this is pants.

Anybody successfully done it on the MK2?

For anybody interested it looks like this:

DSCN0652.jpg

Thanks,

Tim

Managed to get into it tonight. Have all my screenshots and will post up what it's all about tonight after work for you bud.

Reactions: A3_Black_Edition
Tried this with my factory fitted Mk1 and under the coding menu i'm showing Vin as DUMMY then a sequence of numbers.

Anyone know why? Worried now as the original rns-e manual has been lost and I haven't got the code should I ever need to disconnect the battery or remove the rns-e unit.

According the the equipment stick the car was fitted with it from the factory, just wondering if it has had a replacement someone along the line or something more sinister.

Still have the serial number etc so Audi show be able to provide me with the code I believe?

you can always get the code audi can pull it just ask them

as for gala it and this hiss is now gone :)

you can always get the code audi can pull it just ask them

as for gala it and this hiss is now gone :)

hi Phil, does this help resolve the volume issues with the RSNe? that goes with gala/audiopilot..

therefore you don't needs vcds to get into this screen?

Bloblob2 I have found an Audi technical bulletin which shows you how to disable Audiopilot. PM me your email. I am afraid it means cutting wires at the Bose Amp SOB !

did you switch the gala off? (i know i need to look at the clip again)

Bloblob2 I have found an Audi technical bulletin which shows you how to disable Audiopilot. PM me your email. I am afraid it means cutting wires at the Bose Amp SOB !

pm sent lad

yeah at least it did for me

I was always under the beliefe that switching off gala bose audiopilot was much easier on a retrofitted RNS-E as opposed to factory fitted.
Will have to give this a try on my factory fitted and report back.

i turned the volume boost and the compensation things to off

Reactions: A3_Black_Edition
:eyebrows:just had a fiddle with mine. The RNSe that is !!

There is definitely a menu which lets you turn various things off GALA etc. I have not gone for a spin yet to see if it has solved the Audiopilot issues.

The only options in the menu that I can change are the below... I haven't got a volume boost or compensation things that I can see in any menu. I have turned off "loudness change" will test it later on a drive.

NorthSomerset-20120628-00002.jpg

Must be on newer version?

Cheers,
Si

not entirely sure think my mk2 is an 09 manufacture, i turned off loudness and gala seems to be steady with no hiss, please dont let me notice it again :p

Anyone know what any of these options actually do ?
I turned GALA off. Only driven the car once since the change but if I'm not mistaken I think the Audiopilot is off. Halelelujah!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ryanstewart9
I turned GALA off. Only driven the car once since the change but if I'm not mistaken I think the Audiopilot is off. Halelelujah!!

yeah im weary too atm i think its off and i havent noticed it just paranoid haha

My Gala setting was already set to off, the only one I changed was the loudness to off! So I think mine will still do it as it was set to off before I looked and it done it before.....

Cheers,
Si

try turning gala off and on and see maybe it was an error in the software last time

Think I have made mine worse.... Cleaned the car today and sat on the drive engine off and had the music on and it kept going up and down like a yo yo with no noise at all. Weird.com

Cheers,
Si

i've not had a go at this yet but the volume issue is driving me nuts! is it not better to disable the Audipilot via the wire cutting method? I really like RSNe but is it really worth it when you have is problem :think:
Surely this can be fixed/resolved :uhm: NHN, have you any news on this?

Si is your RSNe a retro fit or did it come with the car?