Clutch Vibrating

patinipa

Reaction score
Has anyone driving manual noticed any vibration on the clutch? I do feel the engine rattling (FSI) on my foot when the engine is idle or when stopped behind a noisy car I get the exhaust resonance through the clutch again. This is more obvious when the clutch is almost half pressed for a gear change.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I think that's FSI for you. There were lots of complaints when the 1.6 FSI version of the A2 came out. I test drove one, and when ever the engine wasn't being used very much (mainly idle) the clutch pedal would vibrate, almost pulse with the engine.

That's exactly the feeling (and the engine). Thanks for the feedback.

[ QUOTE ]
when stopped behind a noisy car I get the exhaust resonance through the clutch again. This is more obvious when the clutch is almost half pressed for a gear change.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I get this through the brake pedal on my DSG... it's normal

Well, it might be normal but gives an impression of poor quality.

you should be glad you didnt get a diesel - you get plenty of vibes through the pedals then! clutch being the worst - mind you it has its advantages - has taught me to not rest my foot on clutch while driving i always use the foot rest now

I wish a had the 2.0 TDI but Diesels are not permitted where I live.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

All the demos I tried did it and so does mine, clearly a feature.

Like Steve184, I have the habit of resting my foot on the clutch, that was how I noticed it!