ETKA part request

sachen

Reaction score
Hi guys

Came round to washing the car for the first time since the midlands had golf sized hailstones and have realised the red plastic on the high level brake light is broken, so will need to buy a new one!

Any chance someone could find the part number for me please?

I have a A3 Sportback, 2006 shape.

Thanks!

Here you go mate

8P4945097 the dealer should be able to confirm this against your car.

Ahh sorry.

Yes I have a Sport. Been reading around the web and apparently there are 2 codes.

8P4 945 097 B
8P4 945 097 C i think i read.

Any difference in these?

They're essentially the same part, The "B" suffix part is now discontinued and has been replaced with the "C" suffix part. So for replacement purposes, either part number will do, but if you go to the dealers parts department they'll supply the C suffix part.

Your best bet mate, is to get one from a breakers as it will save you loads.

Looks like from his user image he has a sport mate. SE and sport use the same part, s-line, S3 and RS3 are different.

Can see it now I'm on my desktop PC, when I osted earlier I was on my iPhone and the pic was a bit small!! :laugh:

Cheers for the help guys. Much appreciated. Will ring the local stealer tomorrow to see how much they fancy charging me. Conscience as its now open so water will be going in... and with the weather we have had recently!!

One final question... just for my knowledge really. What is the difference between the B and the C spec of light?

It'll be something slight, like maybe a different grade of plastic, or a modified fixing or something.

Cost from the dealers should be about £35.