Go Easy I'm new... Ha

Tivyguy01

Reaction score
Hello all
I have bought a A4 2.4se 2000 plate and am loving it.
Now if you can help I'd be most happy..

I have a loud rattle and clunking on o/front wheel area. If I'm on a good road then nothing but then on a bad ish
road it's terrible..... Any ideas?
The steering is perfect and doesn't wander or wheel wobble at all.

The only other things are I wish previous owner hadn't changed radio as no rear sound
and the info screen is very hard to read.. I have read that I can send away for repair so I might just do that but have too get a spare cluster while mine is away..

Welcome to Audi.Sport.Net. Any pics of the car? Sure the guys be along to advise you shortly. Enjoy the forum. :) x

I have the same thing, a mechanic i know put it on a shaker and diagnosed front subframe bushes, ive bought them (£28 each from audi) but havent had them fitted yet

If you can get it on a shaker then those sorts of things are easier to find, assuming that it isnt something obvious when putting it on a ramp

its fairly likely that its one of the front control arms. As above, ask a local MOT centre to stick it on their ramp and see if they can diagnose the issue.

I have a loud rattle and clunking on o/front wheel area. If I'm on a good road then nothing but then on a bad ish
road it's terrible..... Any ideas?
The steering is perfect and doesn't wander or wheel wobble at all. Common for front bushes and C links (droplinks)

The only other things are I wish previous owner hadn't changed radio as no rear sound Is the car BOSE equipped or stock? Also where abouts are you?

See red text above.

it wont have bose, he has sound to the fronts. All concert equipped cars have an external amp for the rear speakers, you need a little adaptor to feed the sound from the pre-outs on your head unit to the amplifier, or rewire the rear speakers to the head unit.

PC9-404 rings a bell.