Good results with Autoglym!

dickys3

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Decided the car needed a polish as I've had her 1.5 years and never done it! I regularly use Megs Gold Class Shampoo and Megs Gold class clear wax (which I'm let to believe contains a mild polish) but thought I would give it a polish to try and remove some fine scratches etc.

I was trying to get a product by meguires for this but all they seemed to sell were waxes..

Anyhow, bought some Super resin polish and set to it yesterday morning.

Washed the car and dried it.

Then put the Autoglym stuff on.

What can I say... The results are superb! I'm really happy with the results. A lot of the fine scratches have been removed and it looks much better.

I was a little concerned with the amount of white dust this stuff normally produces but they must have improved the design as this was very minimal!

Gets the thumbs up from me!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Cheers
Rich.

Nice on Rich..... I too use nothing else but Auto Glym. There was another thread on AS net having a good ol' banter about the best (Meguirs, auto glym etc.) and no real clear winner.

May I suggest you use the AG Extra Gloss protection after the Super Resin Polish........ It really does seal in the shine and makes it last longer. I seem to have that 'just polished' look all year round, even with dirt on the car - the showroom shine really does come through.
This extra gloss protection is not a thick fluid (like water really is best wasy to describe it) and the idea is, you must do it when the car is absolutley clean and dirt free (after polishing). You cover the whole car, then leave for 30 - 60 mins, then buff (can be difficult with the English weather - No rain for 60 mins ?? !!).
I actually perform the above process with the extra gloss protection, twice as I was advised by a Auto Glym retailer, that this really does make a difference, especially long term. To be honest I agree with him - Bit expensive, but the results are fantastic.
In Summary, Wouldn't say the EGP, gives a better shine than the polish, but does make it last (even after future shampoos)
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Cheers for the advice Hop...

I was a bit tired after doing the polishing (wimp I hear you say /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) so didn't bother.

I was however thinking of washing the car next weekend and then applying the meguires wax. Would this have the same effect?

cheers
Rich

Possibly mate, however I have never used meguirs so cant be 100% sure.

I would guess Wax involves rubbing, with some pressure however the EGP is an absolute piece of p!ss to put on. No pressure required and because it's so thin, it's like wiping over the car with a damp cloth - and buffing is also easy (as with the polish - a small amount of dust is produced, but nothing to shout about).

My Theory is - Dont Mix. And it is just my theory / opinion. They may very well work ok together (Megs wax and AG polish) however I would guess AG have developed their products to work well with one another, but as I'm sure some people think - it's just a selling point as well (User Autoglym screen wash, Tar remover,glass polish, etc. etc.)

Ditto, Autoglym UDS is far better than Super Resin Polish. Works on light colour cars too; better at filling light surface scratches, even fairly deep ones and the amount of residue is nearly half what you get with SRP. Used SRP on my last 3 Audi's and the new stuff is easier applied and gives less streaking.

However if you can buy it from EBay; stockists on there are selling for £7.99 inc P&P whereas Halfrauds want £11.99.