S3 exhaust on a A3 1.8t ?

jamieA3

Reaction score
WOuld this make any difference. I have the car completely stock now and want to do a few minor mods. I will be replacing the DV for a 007p at some point aswell as a stage 1. would this exhaust be any good ( fitting pre map ) as im getting knoxies Avus wheels next month and might buy this from him aswell.

has anyone done it ?

cheers, jamie

Is your car fwd or Quattro?I think if its quattro it will fit has the backbox is horizontal

mine a fwd. so im guessing its off the cards then ? i did a search on here and google but no definitive answers so sorry to all if my question is boring.

it yours is a FWD then the S3 exhaust won't ever fit.

You can have an exhaust from an A3, a golf, a leon, and a FWD TT

surely if its only horizontal to accomidate the haldex, so in theory the a3 should have no problems due to space??

knoxie:1636648 said:
surely if its only horizontal to accomidate the haldex, so in theory the a3 should have no problems due to space??

Nah,his chassis is set out like a golf a3 TT Leon so the backbox faces a different direction. Basically google a mk4 exhaust then google a s3 exhaust then you'll see the difference

arhhhh i see, and prawn i wouldnt have posted that if i had seen your first post, i thought it was due to the haldex but i am wrong!!! lol

jamie no probs mate, like i said not in any rush andthe wheels are still here :)

In the FWD doesn't the space for the spare wheel also sit deeper than the S3 and its tiny space saver and therefore prevents the horizontal back box from fitting? Of course i could be chatting a load of **** :undwech:

Edit: Confirmed its a load of ****... completely forgot about the haldex position

no mate my 1.8 t has a full size spare wheel. identicle to the alloys it comes with.

What jay is saying is that the A3 quattro and the s3 get a space saver, as the boot is shallower.

Jay and Reesy are correct, the A3 wheel well is the main issue here, sitting MUCH lower than the S3 wheel well.

That said, even with the wheel well removed, I have no idea if the S3 exhaust route past the haldex would ever clear the beam. I suspect not though!

Either way, it won't fit :p

Jay and Reesy are correct, the A3 wheel well is the main issue here, sitting MUCH lower than the S3 wheel well.

That said, even with the wheel well removed, I have no idea if the S3 exhaust route past the haldex would ever clear the beam. I suspect not though!

Of course we were right :lmfao:

Either way, it won't fit :p

And that ladies and gentlemen, should be the conclusion to this thread.