rear window washer hose reconnect?

James TQ

Reaction score
when i put the rear washer on the pump wines and then a puddle appears from the passenger side under the car... anyone know if the tube has just popped off or?
thanks.

Likely to be in the trunking under the air box. So take both parts of the air box off the car, and you'll see a black plastic trunking running from under the airbox/battery up to behind the passenger glovebox. Pop off the cover with a screwdriver and you'll find a join in the rear washer pipe that will have popped apart.

Hi guys,

I had this same problem, so tried to fix it today. Is this the water connection you're talking about?

292310_819539117105_1647042311_n.jpg

I put them back together and tried the rear washer again. Pump whines, no puddle on the floor but I get a sort of "squelching" noise which sounds like it's coming from the rear wiper itself - but still no water coming out the wiper.

Any ideas?

Mine also popped off in the drivers side front wing, was tricky but got to it by taking front bumper off and messing around a bit. All works fine now. Been told next one to go is the rear boot space one! Flipping great , looking forward to that! :)

You have found the joint in the trunking in the engine bay.

There is another in the passenger boot area behind the sub/cd changer, this normally shows by water trickling out by the rear wheel.

The other place is the pipe blown off the motor in the boot lid.

The only time I had issues was using non vag fan jet screen wash. I tried halfords own and it kept blocking the jets and blowing the joints.

hmm, ok, i can hear a squelch from the rear - so will try the one next to the sub - cd changer - is it visible by just taking that left hand boot trim panel out?

Anyone got photos of the connections: 1) in the boot 2) in the driver side wing? & 3) on the motor in the boot trim? Could be useful

Cheers,
Aran

Yep, that's the one I was on about. If it's all plugged in again it does take quite a while for the water to make its way back through the system to the rear washer. So you have to keep the stalk pushed down for quite a while. As others have said there are a couple of other joints in the system that are similar in design that can pop apart.

I've also been told that non-VAG screen wash can block the jets (and especially the ones on the bumpers).

hmm, seems like a con having to buy VAG only screen wash. I'm not sure if my headlight washers work, I don't think they do though - haven't opened that can of worms yet :S

From memory I followed AndyMac's sub install instructions to strip out the trim, sub and changer to gain access.

The halfords screen wash i tried seemed to crystallise despite being mixed in correct dilution with a measuring jug. Either that or it reacted with any remaining screen wash that was in the system.