Audi S3 hidden functions in ecu

g60leigh

Reaction score
I've been speaking to some friends with VW's and they have been talking about having hidden functionality in the ecu activated. Such as the dash needles doing a full sweep then settling to zero when the ignition is turned on.

Does anyone know of any such functions hidden away in the s3 ECU?

From what I can gather, these things are possible with Vagcom or VCDS. There are folks on here with it so should be able to advise you better

i have seen it on a tt before but just assumed it was aftermaket, but if its possible i want a full sweep! lol

I always assumed needle sweep was something that was only available on newer VAG cars.

It's not functions in the ecu but you can adjust if the needles/dials are lit using vcds... no swept needles though...

<tuffty/>

Its nothign thats hidden as such just 'features' that or turned on/off depending on options/target market etc... its stuff like the door locks that only unlock the drivers door until pressed twice or autolocks after you start driving etc..

The Needles thing requires connecting to the instruments and recoding to have needles/dial off, needles on/dials off, dials on/needles off or both on..

There is some info on what you can do and how to do it on Ross-Techs website

<tuffty/>

I also know people with the software to do some of this on golfs and bora's but most of the things they mentioned they could turn on my car already does??
Im guessing Audi had to try and justify the extra for an S3 some how lol

What ECU are we talking about??

It seems to me talking about the clocks and central locking pump. And that's the functions what you can switch on or off.

And it is not just the S3. It is also on A3 defo..